7 Months on the E-cig...

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDougal

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2011
Louisville, KY
I just joined the forum, so hello to all.

I smoked about 3/4 pack American Spirit mediums per day for over a decade before I switched to e-cigs about 7 months ago, and haven't looked back since. My e cig has been the only thing that has ever kept me off the real smokes, and to me, it is invaluable.

The potential health benefits (vs smoking) of the e cig are astounding. Never has there been such a threat to both the pharmaceutical industry and its shills in the FDA, and the tobacco industry. But as we all know, when big pharma is calling the shots in public policy, that means that public policy will serve for-profit interests, not the public itself. That is, unless we become more vocal, and we have. But really, the e cig speaks for itself, in a growing body of studies that are almost too good to be true.

I started with a cheapo njoy 1 battery starter kit from the smoke shop. The cartos left much to be desired, as they had pretty boring flavor, and their quality was not very good, as many became hot to the touch after just a couple pulls. I started using various compatible cartos instead. The NJOY's battery was actually pretty good, and being that I use things until they fall apart, after 7 months it is starting to fail. Pretty understandable, and actually impressive, considering it was my only battery.

So, I decided to upgrade in quality. I'm not one to go for a bunch of parts, mods, upgrades etc, treating it as a "hobby." I just want something reliable and compatible to keep the options open, not really to build upon. I ordered a V2 standard kit with 2 batteries and it's supposed to come tomorrow. I like that it comes with both manual and auto batteries. Plus, it's a KR808, which gives many options for cartos and refillables. I'll report on it when it arrives.

Anyway, I'm really, REALLY glad I decided to go for even a cheap e cig 7 months ago, because I can now say I'm a non-smoker. Thanks for providing a great site!

McDougal

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2011
Louisville, KY
Congrats, Mc!

It's amazing to drop the analogs so easily, ain't it? I'm a happy vaperator! ;)
Welcome to the forums!

Thanks, Mike! It's amazing indeed, and I was blown away the first time I tried it. The thought of smoking actually seems nasty now, along with the permeating smell in everything. Food tastes better, I have more energy and I sleep much better.

I just don't understand some of my friends, who insist on staying on the cigs. Congrats to you!

professional

Moved On
Nov 14, 2011
China
  • Deleted by spaky
  • Reason: Unregistered supplier

36tinybells

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2011
Right Over Here
Ignore that fool. I would like to say, HELLO because I too was an American Spirit smoker until I found e-cigs! I understand the desire to not treat this as a hobby, although the friendships born here on ECF are incredibly valuable to me. I hope your new set up suits you! It's amazing to not be smoking, whatever the setup, it's all good.

Capt Scott

Aug 17, 2010
chicago
Welcome to ECF McDougal. Congrats on the 7 months. I can't understand why so many people frown on ecigs and continue to smoke cigs either. I've tried to get my friends that smoke to try ecigs but most just aren't interested. Go figure.

Hi ya-

Well, I would say it has to be image which has been ingrained in peoples minds for the last 100 years, when people think of cigerattes, they think of John Wayne, Errol Flynn, Betty Davis and how cool they looked smoking. Its also the cig companies saying smoke a real cig not a fake and people might also look at e cigs as a fake cigarette.

Ok I ramble too much lol. Congratz to Mc for his 7 months away from real cigarettes.

Scott

McDougal

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2011
Louisville, KY
They can be a little pricy for replacement batteries and such but you will be happy with the V2 McDougal. Nice quality product. Enjoy and congrats.

Thanks mangoon, and for the reassurance. I did notice that about the batteries, but I do hear they are of good quality as well. They carry juice now, so I just ordered some tips and a small bottle to sample. Should be interesting. I also get the feeling V2 has largely improved shipping, as they have grown their number of employees, and products.

The only problem thus far is with FedEx. V2 shipped right away, last Thurs, and I selected the FedEx 2 day. It's Mon, and still no delivery on the kit. FedEx said it would be here tomorrow. We'll see!

McDougal

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2011
Louisville, KY
Hi ya-

Well, I would say it has to be image which has been ingrained in peoples minds for the last 100 years, when people think of cigerattes, they think of John Wayne, Errol Flynn, Betty Davis and how cool they looked smoking. Its also the cig companies saying smoke a real cig not a fake and people might also look at e cigs as a fake cigarette.

Ok I ramble too much lol. Congratz to Mc for his 7 months away from real cigarettes.

Scott

Thanks Scott!

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
When I quit 10 years ago, I used a site called Quitnet.com. Those people...

... are wacky... at least some of 'em! twitch.gif

McDougal

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2011
Louisville, KY
Yes, I tried the abstinence-only method as well, and failed repeatedly. I have read many sites like the one you are describing, as well as the drivel from "health" groups that are shells for and funded by pharmaceutical companies. Not to mention, there is mounting evidence and medical support for e cigs. Yes, nicotine is not good for you, but the major health risks lie in the actual smoke. One would think that sites like Quitnet would get behind e cigs, but no- it's their way or the highway. Not very effective or productive, in my opinion.

I think supporting the e cig fits who I am, since I am a bit of a non-conformist anyway, and HIGHLY skeptical of corporate influence and their profits. It's feels good sticking it to big tobacco and big pharma!

**By the way, Quitnet is a for-profit group. The idea originated out of Boston University before it became corporate. Ironically, Boston University did one of the biggest recent studies on the e-cig and it was largely favorable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread