7 port powered USB port hub

Status
Not open for further replies.

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thanks for the link, zerominusone! I bought two of them.

I'm of the opinion that you can never be too thin nor too rich, and neither can you ever have enough fat batts. I have about 20 of them.

I have a multi-port USB hub in the basement, but it'll be nice to have one on the first and second floors as well. Now I won't have to repair to the basement to replace a discharged fat batt -- I'll be able to grab a freshly charged one off the nearest USB hub.

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm curious how well those perform and how durable they are.

I'll find out. My two arrived today. I'll festoon one of them with USB chargers, take it upstairs and plug it in.

Jslay00, that twenty-buck one with switches for each USB port looks snazzy. The five-buck one doesn't have those. But it looks solid enough.

Last edited:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
This one is working very well for me. I have the data port into my PC but I'm powering it independently, off a UPS:

ThinkGeek :: USB 7 Port Hub with Power Switches

...it's $20 bucks, though. Considerably more costly than that $5.00 eBay find. I'm curious how well those perform and how durable they are.

This one is nice, just like the write up says, you can leave chargers or other devices plugged in and just power on/off as needed.

zerominusone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2011
in your house
I just saw there were a few more posts in this thread. MikeE3, it's a powered hub so it plugs directly into the wall and yeah, it can charge multiple devices at once. You can just use it for a multi USB charger if you want; it doesn't have to be plugged into a computer but you can do that too.

Jslay00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This one is nice, just like the write up says, you can leave chargers or other devices plugged in and just power on/off as needed.

...which is convenient when you want to go to bed and not leave anything charging. Much easier (imo) to hit switches than unscrew/unplug batts.

The switching turns on/off external power flow to the ports (which is what I really wanted it for) but MAY have unpredictable effects on data I/O to OTHER ports on the hub. I have NOT personally noticed this but you probably don't want to toggle power to your eGo on port 7 while your ipod's in the midst of synching on port 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread