Status
Not open for further replies.

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
Hi Cell,

I am just going to send them back because the ats that I get from DY work perfectly with the passthroughs and I really don't want to fuss with these.

I really appreciate the advice, but I really do not like to fuss with things like that. IMO, it either works or it don't with electronics.

Hi Ocean,

Your Most Welcome. :D

Please Do Whatever Your Comfortable With. I Was Just Offering Some Suggestions To A Subject Thats Almost A Daily Issue Here.

Hopefully Some Others Will Read The Topic As Well and We Can All Use Our Heads To Come Up With A Better Solution.

I Wish You The Best In Whatever You Do. :D

Keep Vapin!

Oceaneco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2009
Santa Fe, NM
Hi Ocean,

Your Most Welcome. :D

Please Do Whatever Your Comfortable With. I Was Just Offering Some Suggestions To A Subject Thats Almost A Daily Issue Here.

Hopefully Some Others Will Read The Topic As Well and We Can All Use Our Heads To Come Up With A Better Solution.

I Wish You The Best In Whatever You Do. :D

Keep Vapin!

You are awesome, Thanks!!

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
Becareful doing this though, theres a chance you make disconnect the wire behind the nipple.

Sun- the stamp for the 901 and 801 is in the same spot.
I'll post a pic tomorrow.
Well what's really bizarre is I accidentally completely pulled out the nipple on one of my atomizers. I said a few bad words and laid both pieces on my desk. A few days later I thought I'd just try putting it back in. I grabbed the old pliers and pushed it back in. There was no wire attached to the back side of the nipple or any appearance there had ever been a wire attached to it. The only thing on the back side were those little plastic orings. Well I put it all back together and was shocked IT WORKED and still works to this day.

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
There was no wire attached to the back side of the nipple or any appearance there had ever been a wire attached to it. The only thing on the back side were those little plastic orings. Well I put it all back together and was shocked IT WORKED and still works to this day.

I took an atomizer apart last night. There was a wire soldered to the center post of the atomizer connection. Trust me, we are not yet vaping wirelessl, yet.

Your wire broke off when you pulled the center post out. The wire that was soldered to that piece is very stiff and is making a mechanical connection to the part you re-inserted back into your atomizer.

Here's a suggestion:

State in your descriptions what model your components really are.
Don't say "Penstyle", state that they are DSExxx or RNxxx

Very simple: Penstyle (RNxxxx)

I had the same problem with passthroughs working with atomizers and I don't feel that the customer should have to go through all this marking and separating to use their equipment.
(Cell: Nice work around but I really just want my equipment to function the way it's supposed to without having to tweak them. They should work without all that.)

This is a much simpler solution, IMHO.

Thanks.:)

Last edited:

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
I took an atomizer apart last night. There was a wire soldered to the center post of the atomizer connection. Trust me, we are not yet vaping wirelessl, yet.

Your wire broke off when you pulled the center post out. The wire that was soldered to that piece is very stiff and is making a mechanical connection to the part you re-inserted back into your atomizer.

Breakfeast---you are spot on my friend. I have taken apart over 50 of these good old unreliable atomizers and the center contact has the posititive wire that runs up to one side of the coil and the outer ring of the contact has the negitive with that runs to the other side of the coil. The contact point tha tht usually fails is at coil due to the residual build up--Sun

aasupplyny

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2009
USA
Hi Sun,

Heres the pic of a SLB Pen atomizer.

Picture came out kinda bad. Its so hard to take close up shots.

slbatom.jpg

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID

This atomizer went to a RN4072. I can't believe it still works. That is so strange. The ecig God must be smiling on me! LOL

aasupplyny

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2009
USA
Well, I know I ordered the 801 USB pass-thru and 2 of the 801 atomizers from myvaporstore, the pass-thru did not work with the atomizers. I tried 4 other atomizers that I already have and they would not work either.

Super fast shipping though. :D

Hi!

Send us an email at info@myvaporstore.com. We'll see what we can do.

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones... I ordered from MVS, a stainless 801 passthrough and 3 801 atomizers. They all make a connection with the passthrough and work just fine so far.

I should also mention this was my first order with MVS and I received it today. I had a small issue with my order before it was shipped. With a quick email and reply it was taken care of and still shipped out the same day I ordered. Super fast shipping, good prices and great customer service has been my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread