801 Battery life lasting 4-5 vapes then dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwnprincess

Jan 14, 2011
San Antonio TX
Hey yall!

Well Ive had my e-cig for 3 days and the first couple of times I charged the batteries a full 8 hours it was lasting me aprox 5 hours. Now I charge it and Im lucky if I get 4-5 vapes right after it charges then it flashes green at me and dies. :( I am making sure it charges a full 8 hours and the battery is screwed in tight and red light comes on to the charger. Its happening to both my batteries I got in my kit. I have contacted the supplier and awaiting a response. I just thought I'd ask here as well, maybe there is something I am doing wrong? Any input would be helpful! (( I have the DSE801))

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Weird - especially that both are doing it.

autos or manuals?

Check the threaded ends (both the battery and atty) and see if there is any juice residue. Also look in the charger. If there is a film of wet or dried juice anywhere if can mess up charging or using the batteries.

And are you charging off your computer? if so, separate USB ports or a hub? I never charge off my computer, but I don't know if a USB hub could provide 500mA of power on each of two ports if you charge them at the same time. Also some PCs by default cut the power to USB ports as part of their power saving settings when idle.

Or with AC to USB adapters? That's what I use. I actually bought a 4-port one with 2 amps available (2000mA) so I can charge up to 4 standard ecig batteries at once.

i use these with a variety of ecig battery to USB cables. Only problem is the short solid battery to USB adapter - you can't fit two next to each other on this AC adapter so I use one hard one and 3 cable-type battery-to-USB.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882021122

Last edited:

pwnprincess

Jan 14, 2011
San Antonio TX
Bahaha! Im such a noob! *face palm* I think its flashing green at me cause I take too long of a drag/vape! I wa trying to remove this post but dosent seem I can! Well good to know for any 801 newbies...dont take super long drags! :p

@dormouse

Yeah the threads are fine, no juice, ( auto) AC charger is clean...Its just my "noobness" Thanks anyways for your response! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread