The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

801 USB or Wall Outlet Passthru w/charger?

Discussion in 'Battery Mods' started by TandT, May 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. TandT

TandT Unregistered Supplier

Apr 26, 2009
    Central Kentucky USA
    Does anyone know of an 801 passthrough that uses normal wall-outlet electricity instead of USB power? If so, are there any that also charge an 801 battery while acting as a passthrough?

Totally Wicked makes a USB version of a charger/passthrough for the Titan, but I was wondering if anyone sells these for the 801 Penstyle. Is there a little converter that I could purchase, perhaps from Radio Shack, that would enable a USB passthrough to work with normal household electricity?

Thanks for the help!

2. breakfastchef

breakfastchef Moved On

Feb 12, 2009
    There are AC to USB power adapters that some forum members use. Look for a plug in unit that provides 5 volt DC output at around 1 ampere from the USB connection.

3. TandT

TandT Unregistered Supplier

Apr 26, 2009
    Central Kentucky USA
    Thank you sir! I just found out that Radio Shack does carry them for around 15 bucks. Now, if I could just find out if someone has invented a passthrough/charger combo for the 801. I'm just trying to save on the battery recharges so that they don't wear out too soon.

4. wv2win

wv2win ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2009
    GA by way of WV
  5. breakfastchef

breakfastchef Moved On

Feb 12, 2009
    Make sure to check the ampere rating. I have tried devices that put out 500mA and 700mA that just did not do well. When I hit the 1000mA (1A) level, atomizers worked great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.