Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
86,000 Disposable Vapes Seized by Customs Agents - Vaping360

"We found the Alphaa Onee Plus for sale to American customers on two websites for $20.99 and $21.99. Assuming it sells in stores for about the same price, the “street value” of the Pennsylvania shipment would be a little under $1.9 million (CBP says $1.72 million). Further assuming that its wholesale cost was about $4 per unit (including shipping), that would be a profit of over $1.5 million split between the distributor and retailers."

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yep... Smokers Keep Dying when an Safer Alternative is Available.

But I to Many Policy Makers and those Entrusted in Ensuring Public Health, scoring Political Points and Tax Revenues is More Important.

Seems like we are Moving Backwards.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
if you can prove you're already an addict, you can get ...... prescribed to you in certain jurisdictions of Canada as of 2016. 33 states have legalized medical cannabis, while the fed still classifies cannabis as a schedule 1 illegal drug with no potential for medical use. No widespread federal crackdown on states themselves, only on individual distributors. Kratom, which is leaves from an asian tree, containing morphine precursor alkaloids, is still legal, with no FDA regulation or tax law. Widely used across the US, has tons of open forums where thousands compare potency of batches every day. Rehabs in florida where your insurance will pay to fly you down, use Kratom for a month, then fly you home. But nicotine suspension needs regulation? It's all about the money, the deals cut with big tobacco, the deals cut with the heart and lung association, etc. There are dark web forums where you can buy jug of GHB for $50 and the fed goes after nicotine.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
IDK.... To me it seems silly to be upset over fairly harmless drugs being legalized and having their moment in the sun, to cigarettes. We all know why vaping is illegal and other things are now legal. It's just an unfortunate reality that taxation does not lean in our favor at the moment. I'm not saying it's wonderful but I am also not willing to demonize the legalization and/or decriminalization of Marijuana.

Anyone who thinks kratom is not a big deal... I would be careful about that habit if I were you.
Anna

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
I didn't mean it as a demonetization, in fact I believe Marijuana should have been legalized years ago.
The federal government will wake up on the issue now that states where it has been legalized at the state level haven't gone bonkers from it. I do think it's insane and a lack of paying attention to the science that has caused vaping to be categorized as evil. As you'll recall it was some ..... selling unsafe pods on the black market and children be allowed to buy underage that really took off into the crazy laws we're living under now.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Nope, it wasn't actually that. It happened way before that and they would have used whatever they had to "make it so."

Notice it did not AFFECT THE MJ MARKET ONE BIT and it was actually MJ. If anyone was using anyone for anything it was the politicians using the tax free NJOY "Vape anywhere" instructions for TP. That is when I knew it was too good to be true. I was like, "Yeah, okay this might be a good sales tactic only vaping was doomed from the start. I took one read and literally muttered under my breath, "Uh yeah, like our society is gonna stand for THIS."

Vaping was doomed (for a while) before it began, it works too well, and there wasn't a tax structure from the start to offset the doom.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread