9 Days Old Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevanessence

Dec 14, 2014
S E Asia
Hello all - new vaper from New Jak City in SE Asia - ciggie-free for just 9 days.

Hope I don't turn into a aggressively enthusiastic born-again non-smoker...kidding...but seriously happy vaping on and off all day long.

I have tons of questions and lots of reading to do while finding my feet & resources, and I'm terribly jealous of all the options you guys in the US have :ohmy:

I started out withtwo Kamry X6 kits (no turning back) to keep me away from temptation and a Kanger Protank 3 (V2) on one of them, which seems to leak/gurgle/splutter a lot, even after changing the coil after a few days.

Using 6ml nic liquids & very interested in eventually making my own juices, but it's hard to find a good plain base to flavor, over here. I prefer flavors like tea, caramel, coffee, butterscotch, etc, not too sweet, and found lychee surprising tasty. Wish there were basil, sage, etc liquids available in my neck of the woods! One I rather like is the clove cigarette (kretek) flavor, but the ones I've tried are all too strong for my tastes, so that's something I'll be looking at first when I try to make my own.

Last edited:

Nevanessence

Dec 14, 2014
S E Asia
:toast: sofarsogood !

My weekly ciggie budget has got shot to hell over these 9 days, but I tell myself it's an investment in staying alive. (A pack of big US brand ciggies costs $1.40 here) I do have some mail order options in mind, tyvm!

Congrats on your first year vaping Frenchfry1942 & I'm gonna be there, one day, too!

Last edited:

drunkenbatman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
It's windy, USA
One I rather like is the clove cigarette (kretek) flavor, but the ones I've tried are all too strong for my tastes, so that's something I'll be looking at first when I try to make my own.

Heya!

Depending on what you have access to, there's nothing wrong with adding your own plain base from a company, or plain PG or VG to spread out the flavor to where it's enjoyable for you.

Nevanessence

Dec 14, 2014
S E Asia
I looked again & found 100ml bottles of plain PG and VG on a mailorder site that delivers here, ty drunkenbatman, & thanks all for the lovely warm welcome.
One quick burning question: Do you guys think Butterscotch flavor liquid carries the same risks associated with butter popcorn flavor? I ask because It's my new addiction & perhaps I should find another one pdq?

Last edited:

drunkenbatman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
It's windy, USA
Anytime mate, message if you get confused. If you are just getting VG or plain stuff, you could also check out the DIY forum with tips on where you can buy it locally (it's not as hard to find those two as you'd think) and save some cash. What's important is not that you keep some flavor profile true to the artist's intention or something, what is important is that you enjoy the flavor so you're more likely to keep it up as opposed to smoking.

Nevanessence

Dec 14, 2014
S E Asia
What's important is not that you keep some flavor profile true to the artist's intention or something, what is important is that you enjoy the flavor so you're more likely to keep it up as opposed to smoking.
That's a great point - I know my sneaky self's excuses from past unsuccessful attempts to quit smoking! I think butterscotch was my sanity savor during the crucial first few days & I'll get tired of it in time, thereby reducing any potential risks.

drunkenbatman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
It's windy, USA
Nevanessence,

Just FYI, it isn't the end of the world if you have a stinky stick. I still get a craving for one now and again, especially when I walk past someone and get a whiff of the fresh tobacco. Now and again I succumb and have one, and 3 hits into it I realize just how awful it tastes when I am already getting the nicotine elsewhere. It isn't the end of the world.

Make sure you're getting enough nicotine to be satisfied, make sure you have backups, and try to go for a variety so you are keeping yourself stimulated with the new flavors. We often only do things we enjoy, so keep it enjoyable. Sincerely, most of us have been there in some for or another -- feel free to message if you're confused or have questions, or post them etc.

Nevanessence

Dec 14, 2014
S E Asia
I have yet to visit any place where there's smoke thick enough to tempt me to try a cigarette, and I do get it that smoking one isn't the end of the world or means I've failed. It is wonderful to experience the level of support I see around here :banana:

I've noticed the munchies hitting hard after I vape, as opposed to wanting to smoke after eating. After taking everything easy for a few days I'm now getting down to longer exercise sessions to compensate for the fridge-raiding expeditions, as well as cooking huge pans of spiced beans & curried lentils to appease the enlivened taste buds.

One vaper mentioned to me that your whole digestive system changes after quitting & kindly suggested a yoghurt, papaya & psyllium seed smoothie once a day to help it rehab itself. Suits me, since I'm not a fan of yoghurt, but the papaya & orange flavored p. seed packet (for the fiber) helped it slip down a treat.

drunkenbatman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
It's windy, USA
I honestly can't speak to the digestive system changing, with withdrawal that's common but if you're getting enough nicotine that shouldn't be a huge issue. Added it to the list of things to research! Some of the munchies could just be an oral thing, but that hasn't been on my radar either as long as you really are getting enough nicotine. If you're struggling and just doing short sessions of 6mg, you may not be satisfied, and then can stray. Best to get off of smokes entirely, then wind the nicotine down I think.

One thing I'd recommend (as I always do) is drinking stupid amounts of water; people generally don't drink enough in general, and vaping really exacerbates it. I've got this huge glass I refill whenever I get up and sip while I vape. It not only keeps your body and mouth hydrated, it keeps you full. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread