4th day vaping, 2 cartos toasted: getting expensive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oscill8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
sf bay area
I'm in a similar stage as you, vaping tv's Kretek 80/20 to replace clove djarum blacks :) I use an ego-k (1100 mah, 4.2v) and the LR 1.5 ohm ego mega dual coil cartos, all from tasty vapor (they're my local/retail store). The emdcc's with kretek lasted over a week for me, but I think I burnt my 1st carto after a week from user error/not keeping it wet enough so I switched out to a new carto and it's working fine again. I did switch from the kretek to tv's mojito for my all-day vape now, but the emdcc's work well with all the 80.20 flavors I've tried from tv.

Azyre

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2012
Holiday, Florida
www.milieux.com
I have a carto punch, and have tried multiple holes-but not one above another. I'll give that a try.

I have a nice plexi tank, so I do want to use it. I have no problem priming or filling the cartos: I manage just fine with other juices, it's just the kretek that doesn't want to play nice.

Azyre

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2012
Holiday, Florida
www.milieux.com
I'm in a similar stage as you, vaping tv's Kretek 80/20 to replace clove djarum blacks :) I use an ego-k (1100 mah, 4.2v) and the LR 1.5 ohm ego mega dual coil cartos, all from tasty vapor (they're my local/retail store). The emdcc's with kretek lasted over a week for me, but I think I burnt my 1st carto after a week from user error/not keeping it wet enough so I switched out to a new carto and it's working fine again. I did switch from the kretek to tv's mojito for my all-day vape now, but the emdcc's work well with all the 80.20 flavors I've tried from tv.

I just got a package of those very cartos today in the mail with my kretek reorder. Glad you had good luck with them with that juice, hopefully they'll work well for me. It is entirely possible I've had bad luck due to bad cartos too...

And many thanks to all of you that made suggestions to help out a newb vaper!

BakuPeg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Gainesville, Ga
Surevapes always has a carto sale here : Boge Mix'n'Match (5 Box)
5 boxes of 5 for $23.00
I would suggest maybe a SR carto instead of the LR, maybe it won't die out as fast? My husband uses a carto tank combo and hasn't had a carto out and die before its time with my 50/50 VG/PG DIY and even with some Homemade NET made with steeping tobacco leaves.

Liquinator

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2012
C:\Germany\LwrSaxony
Didn't read everything but my tip is to change your juice. Dark juice clogs cartomizers as well as atomizers. Whatever you read about people saying even that their cartos lasted for month. In my opinion that's complete bull... The most I've ever gotten out of a cartomizer was like 2 weeks and thats just one of a hundred. 3-4 days with pale juice seems to be the average I get and considering that china delivers at prices below $1 per carto it doesn't get costly at all. Enjoy your vape!

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
On filler-based cartos, if the central air tube is slightly out of line you can often gently push a straightened large paperclip up from the bottom (connector) end, else use it from the top end, to get the tube back in alignment.

it's possible to break the wire, but if it's toss it or try to align, give it a shot.

Azyre

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2012
Holiday, Florida
www.milieux.com
CE2 DCT-2 has lasted me for weeks. great construction and only about 2 bucks on mtbakervapor. they require some modding. i plan to create a thread about it as soon as i hit 5 posts ;)

Those won't work for me as my tank takes a standard 35mm carto and these are 45mm

Azyre

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2012
Holiday, Florida
www.milieux.com
get a pack of sr boge cartomizers and a Pyrex glass tank from valley view vapes. you won't be dissapointed! My experience with a vivi nova was constant slow leaking through the threads.

-Atlexus

That is exactly what I have- I have used both LR and SR boge cartos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread