Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxPerilous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Edgewood, NM
I used to have wicked heartburn while I was smoking. I get it real bad with pizza to the point where I can't even eat it anymore. Since I've been vaping the only time I've experienced heartburn that wasn't caused by food/drink is when I vape liquids with red dye in them or when I over drip with my HH. 357 and get nic juice in my mouth. Here is a thread I've I've found that had some good info on what may cause it and what you can do about it http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/241822-heartburn.html. Also another search that pulled up a whole bunch of threads on the subject Search Results - E-Cigarette Forum.

I hope this helps you. I know personally I'll deal with or get treated for heartburn any day over smoking analogs again. To each thier own.

Happy Vaping!

Strigoi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
Martinez, CA
Since its hard to get ejuice or get nicotine liquid anywhere, is it possible to soak real tabacco in glycerin and vape it?? Heard that its possible to soak tabacco in alcohol or water and dry the water up to get the nic..

No.

Unless you're a chemist, I wouldn't recommend trying to extract nicotine from tobacco. There was a thread or at least a few posts about it on here sometime within the last few weeks.

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
Since its hard to get ejuice or get nicotine liquid anywhere, is it possible to soak real tabacco in glycerin and vape it?? Heard that its possible to soak tabacco in alcohol or water and dry the water up to get the nic..

I'm sorry to hijack the thread here, but I feel a need to explain something:

There is a big difference between extracting flavors from chemically inert (inactive) plant matter, and extracting *anything* (including flavors) from plants that contain compounds that have an effect on our bodies. When you're dealing with something like Tobacco, which in addition to Nicotine has at least four other major alkaloids present, your biggest challenges when talking about extraction are "dose", followed closely by "consistency", and last but not least "sterility". To start with, each compound (or group of compounds, in certain cases) is usually isolated and extracted, prior to mixing with any other compounds or into a product, such as Eliquid. Eliquid, for the most part, is made by adding a nicotine extract in solution to a base of PG/VG.

Someone with no background education or training in Chemistry, Biochem, and Botany shouldn't really be doing any extractions- oil based, water/solvent based, etc.- of bioactive/psychoactive compounds on their own. It can be very dangerous, especially when you're talking about attempting to do an extraction of something as TOXIC as nicotine- Just working with the nicotine extract itself is dangerous enough, and at some concentrations, an open container of near-pure nicotine can be toxic enough to poison anyone that is in the room!. Be careful out there- don't be stupid.

Last edited:

levisdaddy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
tucson
I gots a question for ya! Tho its specific to my battery, and it may be silly as a search might yield my answer quickly..
My ego-c 650 has 'upgrade' printed on it under the 'ego-c' print. What does the upgrade mean, or do all genuine ego-cs have that ?
2nd(ly) , what exactly does holding down the button when battrey is off do... other than change the color when pressed? (feeling silly now..)

wonderland

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Riverside, California
I used to have wicked heartburn while I was smoking. I get it real bad with pizza to the point where I can't even eat it anymore. Since I've been vaping the only time I've experienced heartburn that wasn't caused by food/drink is when I vape liquids with red dye in them or when I over drip with my HH. 357 and get nic juice in my mouth. Here is a thread I've I've found that had some good info on what may cause it and what you can do about it http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/241822-heartburn.html. Also another search that pulled up a whole bunch of threads on the subject Search Results - E-Cigarette Forum.

I hope this helps you. I know personally I'll deal with or get treated for heartburn any day over smoking analogs again. To each thier own.

Happy Vaping!

Thanks Max...
Yep, I'd never go back to smoking over some heartburn, just thought it was strange. I wondered if maybe a small amount of vapor was condensing in my esophagus and I was basically swallowing it. Don't know if that happens or not and according to your first link there, for some people it ended up going away after awhile. Maybe I'm just getting old (which I am:facepalm:)!

starr1349

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2012
Alaska
Thanks for the replies on the weight, I was wondering about that.
I have another question about charging. What I have doesn't have a car charger, so I used a usb adapter to charge on a camping trip. That won't damage a battery will it ?
Ha, never thought I would go camping with a "chargable" cig, lol.
Kinda funny, had to confiscate the usb adapter from the kids, need to get some more of those.

MaxPerilous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Edgewood, NM
I gots a question for ya! Tho its specific to my battery, and it may be silly as a search might yield my answer quickly..
My ego-c 650 has 'upgrade' printed on it under the 'ego-c' print. What does the upgrade mean, or do all genuine ego-cs have that ?
2nd(ly) , what exactly does holding down the button when battrey is off do... other than change the color when pressed? (feeling silly now..)

What I'v found in this search Search Results - E-Cigarette Forum and more specifically in this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/healthcabin/286499-joye-ego-c-2-upgrade-650mah-battery.html is that the upgrade designates that your particular battery can be used in voltage regulated mode ( battery constantly puts out the same voltage regardless of battery voltage) or it can be used in variable voltage mode which as far as i can tell the output would be what ever voltage the battery currently holds would be the output.

If anyone with more experience with this device would like to correct me if I'm wrong or add anything please do as I don't have any experience with this particular device that would be great. I hope I helped a little bit with that.

Happy Vaping!!

MaxPerilous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Edgewood, NM
Thanks for the replies on the weight, I was wondering about that.
I have another question about charging. What I have doesn't have a car charger, so I used a usb adapter to charge on a camping trip. That won't damage a battery will it ?
Ha, never thought I would go camping with a "chargable" cig, lol.
Kinda funny, had to confiscate the usb adapter from the kids, need to get some more of those.

You should be fine in using a usb car charger adapter. On my personal experience it did take longer to charge as opposed to using the wall socket type adapter but I have not had a bad experience trying to use the car charger. The batteries also performed the same when fully charged using either one. I think specifically the issue with the charge time was in the adapter itself. The wall charger i noticed was rated at 1000mah and the car adapter wass rated at 500mah. Hopes this answers your question.

Happy Vaping!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
MaxPerilous is spot on. On one setting it will fires at 3.3 volts continuously (standard for most eGos) meaning longer batt life. On the other setting it will fire at 3.7 volts but the voltage will go down steadily as the batt drains.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread