• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

90 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
What else is happening in the next 90 days? There's so much information to digest and it seems everyone has a different perspective.
I read a news story that seemed informed that says in 90 days it will be illegal to offer any new hardare or e liquid product for sale in the US. But can there be a new e liquid product if it contains 0 mg of nic? Can I buy a newly introduced tank or mod to consume e liquid with 0 mg nic? WIll the Federal Drug Administration say a product that can be used for liquid with 0 mg nic can't be sold because it might be used for vaping nicotine?

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
as far as i know, all new products (liquids as well as hardware?) need to be on the market by aug 10. After that then there are two years to submit either a new product application or substantial equivalence application (with massive costs to gather the data required). If products are not approved within 1 year after that, they go off the market.

ATM, the substantial equivalence date is 2007, but there is an amendment to an agriculture bill,as well as a specific stand alone bill to have congress change that predicate date to now.

the deeming regs are 499 pages of legalese, so there's lots of reading and analysis going on...your best bet for good information and for steps to take to be active in however we fight this are through joining the national advocacy group www.casaa.org and the local advocacy group Breath Easy Alliance of Alabama |

there is also an entire ECF subforum dedicated to looking at FDA regs. FDA Regulations and a really long thread hashing some of this out- even though no one has all of the answers yet Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
No new juice varieties after Aug 10, No new hardware, No new vaping stuff at all after August 10.
Stuff existing prior to August 10 can be sold for 2 years but not after that unless approved by the FDA.
Might be up to 3 years depending on when you apply for your vape product with the FDA.
You have to apply within 2 years and up to 1 year for the approval process. If not approved within 1 year from when you filed the application you are forbidden to sell your product.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Manufacturer, Distributor, and Importer Compliance
To legally sell a new FDA-regulated tobacco product in the United States, you must receive a written order from FDA permitting the sale of a new tobacco product under one of three pathways to market.

In addition, any products marketed with modified risk claims must have an FDA order in effect that permits such sale or distribution.

If your product is found to be Not Substantially Equivalent (NSE), it is illegal to sell or distribute the product in interstate commerce and to import the product into the United States.

Manufacturers may not distribute any smokeless tobacco product without a required warning statement for every smokeless tobacco package and advertisement.

If you are found in violation of FDA rules and regulations, your product will be considered "misbranded" and/or "adulterated," making it illegal to sell or distribute the product in interstate commerce and to import the product into the United States. Doing so may result in FDA initiating regulatory action (e.g., seizures, injunctions).

FDA restricts the way tobacco manufacturers, retailers, and distributers can advertise and regulated tobacco products, especially marketing efforts designed to appeal to youth.

ucm433995.png
Additional Resources