901 atomizer leaking problem - I'm only dripping 2 drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

enVmyIX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2011
Hollywood
I have an 808 set up that i use with cartomizers, but I went ahead and purchased a regular 901 atomizer for dripping in order to sample the variety of juices that I ordered.

Well, every time I drip more than 1 drop into the atomizer it starts to leak out from the air intake hole, it is driving me nuts! Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? I drip directly onto the center of the atomizer and even take off the drip tip when I do so in order to not get any on the sides so that it wont leak out.

Here is a picture for reference - not my personal one, but this is how mine looks like.

901atomizer.jpg

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Yep that is how 901 attys are. I do not like the way they leak. But it was a useful way to test juices. Try not to hold the side hole downwards.

If you want, you could buy an 808 to 510 adapter and use a 510 standard resistance atty instead. Should use the same drip tip. But I only recommend that if you are using manual batteries. If you are using auto batteries then it is safer for your batteries if the juice drips out on your fingers.

musiceqlslife21

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2010
Maryland
I use a 901 all the time. The only time I've seen a leaking problem is when I overfill them. OTOH I do that often enough that I have an empire drip shield on order. :) The 901s taste better and don't flood as easy as the 510s.

I absolutely agree. Will be purchasing a drip shield along with more LR 901s in the near future.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
I absolutely agree. Will be purchasing a drip shield along with more LR 901s in the near future.

Just an FYI. I wanted to try a 1.8 ohm 901 at 3.7. The only places I found them were the Ciscos at avidvaper and Ikenvape. The Ikenvape's were a little cheaper so I got some of those. I've been using it for 3 or 4 days and I can't flood this thing. It never leaks. I'm bottom feeding. Dripping might be different but, I really like this atty.

wutzthedeal

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2010
SE VA
Ah... necessity, the mother of invention... I have figured out how to perform tj99959's trick even w/o the 40 cents spent on the o-ring (and I didn't have one lying around). Use a rubberband. Let me know if you need photos, but just think about it and you won't need photos :) Sorry for the sales I cost any drip guard sellers, up front--I'm all about free. Right now, I'm dripping 8 drops into a 901 atty with no leaks... I'm going to keep upping it because what I've created by putting the rubberband below and above the hole is a tank... :)

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Ah... necessity, the mother of invention... I have figured out how to perform tj99959's trick even w/o the 40 cents spent on the o-ring (and I didn't have one lying around). Use a rubberband. Let me know if you need photos, but just think about it and you won't need photos :) Sorry for the sales I cost any drip guard sellers, up front--I'm all about free. Right now, I'm dripping 8 drops into a 901 atty with no leaks... I'm going to keep upping it because what I've created by putting the rubberband below and above the hole is a tank... :)

Ok I've thought about it, but I'm a newbie. :lol: Would you mind posting a photo please? I got lost on your last sentence. :)

TIA

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread