901 atomizer leaking problem - I'm only dripping 2 drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

enVmyIX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2011
Hollywood
Ok I've thought about it, but I'm a newbie. :lol: Would you mind posting a photo please? I got lost on your last sentence. :)

TIA

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

I would also like some photos, it makes sense though, I would like to see exactly where and how thick of a band you use.

wutzthedeal

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2010
SE VA
vg34pf.jpg
even as sloppy as my work is... I'm vaping like a madman with no juice on my fingers... been going for an hour without adding juice :)

Last edited:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Ok I've thought about it, but I'm a newbie. :lol: Would you mind posting a photo please? I got lost on your last sentence. :)

TIA

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

The idea is that you create a reservoir that the juice collects in as it leaks out. Then when you next draw that juice is drawn right back into the atty.

With a 510 atty the air holes are in the connection, not the side of the tube like a 901. So you place the o-ring (band) just below the connection as I posted above.

Sent from my keyboard using fingers

Last edited:

wutzthedeal

ECF Veteran
    Mar 1, 2010
    SE VA
    PS I modified this procedure; it still works as does the procedure tj talks about which has been around for a while, but I like to focus on what you can do without having to go buy stuff. So, look around your house. Chances are, you'll find an ink pen with a rubber grip somewhere. These can vary in size and quality, of course, but almost any of them will do. Peel off the rubber grip and cut it into slices (creating your own gaskets/seals). This is better than a rubberband because whenever you change attys you have a mess to clean up and one or two gaskets beats a stretched out piece of rubber any day. They are much easier to deal with.

wutzthedeal

ECF Veteran
    Mar 1, 2010
    SE VA
    I tried the rubber band method and it worked ok, but then I went out and got some #6 o-rings from my local hardware store they work even better. I think this is the most effective solution, other than of course getting a drip shield, but I did not want to spend that much on a solution.

IMAG0356.jpg

Agreed. $13 just ain't coming out of my wallet for that. I do just fine with homemade gaskets now (although I'm using the atty less and less as the cartos grow on me, so may not need any gaskets/seals at all, soon).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread