• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

901 battery signals and behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 901 and 3 batteries and I have noticed that, on some of my batteries, including (even after a full 8 hour charge) when I draw on it a couple of times the light stays lit for a few seconds, it sizzles and then the LED flashes about 7-8 times. It then won't work for some 10 seconds or so? Does that mean something? Have I killed it?

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Hi Tom, no it doesn't mean you have killed it. 901 batteries are very sensitive, and often if a cart is overfilled or just a bit of juice has seeped through from the atomiser, and this could be happening if you are hearing a sizzle, then it can get through to the battery causing it to send out this warning.

The 9 flash warning signifies the battery needs a charge, but as you rightly say, often this is not the case.

Three flashes usually means you have taken too long a draw, but the 901 being the 901 seems to just throw tantrams, but its still the best flavour e cig I have tried.

I no longer use a 901, but when I did, if I saw this, I would unscrew the battery and clean both the battery end and the atomiser connection, re-screw and start again.

If you know connections are clean and dry, simply unscrew and re screw, it should work again.

This could also signify a new battery is needed. Batteries have varying lifespans, in fact I still have my original two 901 batteries, but both my hubby and daughter have had to renew one.

Hope this helps a little.

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
I found that I enjoy e-cigs as a hobby more than a smoking replacement, hence I keep buying them... aw well one addiction replaces another...lol

I currently have a Titan, and am awaiting the new JantyStick. But, when I need a flavour hit, I seek out the 901. Its absolutely the best for tasting the real flavour of a juice.

Enjoy your SD, I have just bought one for my hubby...lol

MrLongbeard

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
England
Any idea why my 901 USB charger no longer flashes :confused:

The end of the battery section flashes as though it is charging when first screwed in, but the LED on the charger stays red, the other battery I've got flashes as it should but the charger light goes striaght to blue as it is a fully charaged battery :(

Apols for posting this in here but I don't have the requisit 15 posts to start a new thread in the tech section

MrLongbeard

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
England
Ok drained my other battery a bit, when I plug that in it flashes as it should.

So just one battery does not cause the charger to flash, so I'm guessing the charger is fine.

Either the battery is up the spout or so discharged it can't come upto a decent voltage to begin charging (I know how daft that sounds but batteries can drop to a level where they are unrecoverable)

MrLongbeard

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
England
I have heard that the "microprocessor" in the batteries can easily screw up so it could be that you are getting erroneous signals. Does the battery behave otherwise and hold a charge?

Nope totally dead and being replaced under warrenty.

Annoyingly the one I ordered as a spare when this one went down is displaying the exact same symptoms as yours in the first post :-x:nah: did you resolve yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread