901 passthrough + atomizer = Screwdriver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adeem

ECF Veteran
May 20, 2009
Shouldn't it? After looking at a few suppliers it seems such a package would cost about $30 plus shipping, maybe less. I know that there's no portability, but as far as vapor production would it be equal? It maybe necessary to use a wall usb adapter for full power.
If someone can let me know I would really appreciate it. (Sorry if this has been asked before)

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
So I guess the question is why not? Does the Screwdriver use more than 5v? Maybe the laptop usb isn't giving the full power possible. Did you ever try it with a wall adapter with a 1000 mah output (if I phrased that correctly)?

Good questions. I've only used it attached to a computer(but 3 different computers)

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
If you throw a full 5 volts at a 901, as close to 1 amp as possible, using a manual USB pass-throug, you should be getting a pretty primo vaping experience. I see no reason that the hits from this setup would not be equal to or slightly better than an SD or similar device.

You would think so. but I have 2 passthorughs and I have been trying both of them while I have been sitting here, and they just do not seem to do as well as my SD............Maybe I got crappy passthroughs...........

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
You would think so. but I have 2 passthorughs and I have been trying both of them while I have been sitting here, and they just do not seem to do as well as my SD............Maybe I got crappy passthroughs...........

Assuming your passthroughs are auto switched, then that's probably the key difference. The manual switch of the SD is just as important as the bigger capacity battery, IMO.

A manual switch passthrough (without the inline battery so it's at 5v instead of 3.6), would likely be as satisfactory as an SD, except for the cord, of course. However, I don't think there are any, except for mods.

PS: Trog is now listing classic penstyle SDs for sale, along with the standard 901 style SDs.

Second PS: I should have said, there aren't any (manual switch passthroughs) yet, given the Puresmoker PT being on pre-order.

Last edited:

Adeem

ECF Veteran
May 20, 2009
I just looked at the Vaporoptions 901 passthrough, and it's definitely a direct 5v power one.

However, you may want to consider taking a look at the manually switched one being developed at Puresmoker. Definitely an advantage there, over the auto switch, even though a little more costly.

Thanks. Just so I can learn; how can you tell that it's 5v?

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread