• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ...off the analogs for years!
Anyone try one of these? From what I've read it's China's clone....err... similar to a screwdriver (I guess some people think it's a rip off of the original or a rip of the mod of the original but I'm not up for that argument).

Nhaler has it a good price, about $20 less than other vendors. Thought it might be worth a try at the price they are offering it for.

I love my 901 and this would be great for when I'm out all day so I don't have to fuss about bat changes.

Martin2277

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Don't do it... Just save your money and "INVEST" is a SB or BB. Just my $0.02

Ok so I just went and checked. That is a good price for a Big battery PV. I guess I am just saying that if you want to look into something besides the normal battery from China then why would you buy a device from the same manufacture. I might have been tempted before I got my SB but the only reason I went to the SB was the construction. It is a very solid device.

Last edited:

Neo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2009
I'm not UNHAPPY with bats from China. I just deal with the short life and know that I have to keep a supply charged and make sure I have enough with me when I'm away from home.

This was just for when I was out for a long period...thought it might be easier. Hence I was looking for something less expensive. With the discount he offers, it's hard to pass up. It's less than half the price when you add in bats, charger, etc.

Course, if it's crap, half the price isn't worth it. 8-o

pipes1

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2009
Chandler, Arizona
Hey Neo
I have one of the original 901 Screwdrivers that will be for sale, as soon as I get my Super-T. (David, from Super T swears it will be very soon.)

The original uses 3.6/3.7 volt CR123a / 16340 batteries and will last a long time. I know very little about the 905 but can vouch for the original. It is well made and a proven unit, as one of the first battery mods.

Neither the 905 or the Screwdriver offer a 6 volt option like some of the other discussed here. (Don't know if that is something you are considering.)

The 905 has some differences that may appeal to you, like a side mounted switch and LED ring that the Screwdriver doesn't have. For me, dependability and a solid device were more important as the differences seem to be the areas failing on the new one.

Just a thought
Bob

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Hey, it is inexpensive and has some nice features that the original Screwdriver doesn't have and you use a 901, go for it!. Too bad the fan boys have to screw up every thread where someone tries to give a review, opinions or ask questions (I'm NOT talking about THIS thread, LOL).

The company that makes it (Sailebao) has a good reputation and has been around for a long time. Warranty info. would be good to know on it though. The price is right for sure.

I have a feeling in the next 6 months, there will be another 4 or 5 battery unit models being made by others in China. It is a good thing! If one comes up with one that has an auto feed juice tank, I'm buying it!!

Neo I didn't see it on Nhaler's site. Somewhere else perhaps, or just in his forum?

If you can get to the December meeting, you'll be able to see all kinds of battery units! A good way to decide on what will be best for you.

pipes1

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2009
Chandler, Arizona
Another thing to consider:

For me, the end switch turned out to be my absolute favorite - others are more comfortable with a switch on the side. (I am gradually moving to all end switch mods.) Some side switches are close to the adaptor and others by the end cap. It all comes down to personal feel and what you like best.

I do agree with Hellen regarding the price of the 905. For a complete mod kit, it does appear to be a buy. I also agree with the other posters in wanting the best quality and am willing to pay a few extra $ to get it.

Lots to think about but that is part of the fun.

Neo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2009
I do agree with Hellen regarding the price of the 905. For a complete mod kit, it does appear to be a buy. I also agree with the other posters in wanting the best quality and am willing to pay a few extra $ to get it.

LOL, now that's what I call playing both sides of the fence. Ever consider getting into politics? :rolleyes:

Thanks to everyone for their input.

I've learned more about volts and stuff than I ever wanted to since I started this PV journey.

One more query in two parts. I'm sticking with my 901 because I just don't want to spend the money and get into all of these other models. I have a years supply of parts I swear.

1. So I think a 6 volt fries a 901 atty. That's what I seem to understand?

2. Is there such a thing as a 5 volt mod? I use my PT on 5 volts and I do like that.

If not, I'm sticking with the 3.6 or 3.7 or whatever it is.

The review covers ALL the hoops i went through to rectify what NEO seems to be going through. And that PV solved ALL of my problems.

Thats the only reason i posted the link...wasnt really meant to be a plug.
Reviews are what helped me find what works for me

As said review stated, Ive not tried 6v- had no need to.
Ive used the 801,901,510,302, the be112 and currently using a Janty classic atomizer,
plus my everyday cartomizers(Kr808d and greencig)-all w/ One PV that cost 100$.

fan of the adaptever? YES.... or any other pv I get my hands on that will serve my purpose via modification-I chase NO carts, nor batteries.

YES I AM A FAN...a fan of the little japanese guy that invented the ecig-
I would kiss both his fat little cheeks ....

Not had an anolog in nearly five mos---yea Im a Fan

You have my empathy NEO, hope you find your Vape-

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Sooooo if I came off like a "fan boy" I am sorry. The 905 does look interesting.

Hellen the Nhaler site is Welcome to NHaler!
(This is where I got my HV Eliquid) Good site and good shipping.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO LOL... I said:
Hey, it is inexpensive and has some nice features that the original Screwdriver doesn't have and you use a 901, go for it!. Too bad the fan boys have to screw up every thread where someone tries to give a review, opinions or ask questions (I'm NOT talking about THIS thread, LOL).

Silly F.... Mike!! Sorry if you thought that was aimed at anyone here, it wasn't!!!!! I'm seeing more and more threads OUT THERE in the main forum where some of those guys are just waiting to jump on stuff and tear it apart rather than let someone get specific questions or opinions on one product.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I think we should tell each other our opinions about the units we use... The big purpose of our social group is to help each other making vaping a good experience!

"Out there" are too many people eager to jump on a review, someone asking specific model questions (and they give their opinion about a totally different model, then proceed to bash a model they've never even laid eyes on). That was just the point I was trying to make.

Sometimes I wear my shoes in my mouth when I'm typing...ha.

I really value all you guys experiences with these and love that you bring them to meetings and let everyone check them out. Helped me to make some decisions. I still want a SB, just don't wanna pay retail for it (Cheap Azz Hellen won't let me!!!).

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I use my 901's constantly on my 6v SB. Have not fried one yet. I've only lost 2, and they were due to flooding. The 901 handles 6v better than any other atty IMO...
Hey, why would flooding kill an atty... I think I've lost some 801s lately, and I've recently started putting 2 drops on the attys (where I never did that before, and didn't lose attys ever!).

Any ideas?

namuch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Surprise,Az
Well, the 2 attys I lost both happened at the same time of a failed experiment.
It goes like this:
1) I fill up a cart using one of the many reservoir plug mods that are flying around right now (I like the convenience of my Kr808's, so I'm trying to find a way to make a 901 have a longer cart life).
2) One of my criteria for testing is to leave my SB standing vertically, which is the best way to park it when not being driven.
3) Check for leaks.

When it leaks, it is very wise to blow out the atty BEFORE you apply 6v to it! Twice I've heard a short popping sound, then no more vape. No sizzle. Nothing. I've tried to rescue them by cleaning, blowing out, etc... They be dead.

Since I've learned this little factoid, i'm very careful about checking the air hole for oozing juice before hitting them...

Neo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2009
"Out there" are too many people eager to jump on a review, someone asking specific model questions (and they give their opinion about a totally different model, then proceed to bash a model they've never even laid eyes on). That was just the point I was trying to make.

Yes, in part of my OP I made a comment about how other threads had turned into arguments about whether the 905 was a rip off of the screwdriver. Although I can sympathize with having your work ripped off (if that's the case), what I really wanted was some opinions! Hence my asking here.

Neo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2009
Well, the 2 attys I lost both happened at the same time of a failed experiment.
It goes like this:
1) I fill up a cart using one of the many reservoir plug mods that are flying around right now (I like the convenience of my Kr808's, so I'm trying to find a way to make a 901 have a longer cart life).
2) One of my criteria for testing is to leave my SB standing vertically, which is the best way to park it when not being driven.
3) Check for leaks.

When it leaks, it is very wise to blow out the atty BEFORE you apply 6v to it! Twice I've heard a short popping sound, then no more vape. No sizzle. Nothing. I've tried to rescue them by cleaning, blowing out, etc... They be dead.

Since I've learned this little factoid, i'm very careful about checking the air hole for oozing juice before hitting them...

That's funny (as in odd funny not ha ha funny). I lost a 901 atty and heard a pop. But it happened with a dry atty when I dry burned it too long. When mine flood, they get clogged up and it's a hard draw. That was with the 3+v, not 6. I blow it out and am amazed at how much juice was clogged up in there.

M.T. Head

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Chandler, AZ
Neo, check out the GLV Personal Vaporizer from Great Lakes Vapor.

They have a 5 volt option with your choice of atty. I choose the 901 because like yourself I’m heavily invested in 901. There are reviews on them here. I just ordered one to replace my busted Screwdriver. The usual Screwdriver problem, broken switch. I will fix it, but decided that I needed a backup. The one and only thing that I didn’t care for about the Screwdriver was the placement of the switch. The GLV however has the switch in the right position in my option. I’ve read good reviews on it but, I have to admit that there are very few reviews posted. They have a forum here in the suppliers forum. I’ll try to post my review when I get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread