99.9% pure nicotine =

Status
Not open for further replies.

virtualphoenix

Jan 24, 2012
space
Hi NEW here but can some one please explain the below for me.
I use to smoke 16mg menthol.
I now purchase 18mg ejuice. any where from 30ml to 250ml when needed (due to our law in Australia)

I went to purchase more unflavoured this time and selected 99.9% because I use breaktru to help me mix ejuice (great program)

where I put in the program nicotine i usually type 36mg and target 18mg
if I have been sent 99.9% is that 99mg or 999mg
Or do I dispose of it.
After reaserch on 99.9%pure i know it is really deadly stuff to handle but I have the equipment to to handle dangerous chemicals allready eg vacuum chamber and prity much a hazmat area in my out door work station.
Thanks

Rocketman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
SouthEastern Louisiana
I'm going to be rude and say that even though you have the equipment to handle 99.9% nicotine, you do not have the smarts. Anyone that doesn't understand basic chemistry, density, concentration, dilution, and uses a juice calculator to mix juice should not have access to 99.9% nicotine. But, the Chinese will sell to anyone.

Seal that bottle up, now, and learn first. Don't sniff it, taste it, put it up until you learn more.

virtualphoenix

Jan 24, 2012
space
I'm going to be rude and say that even though you have the equipment to handle 99.9% nicotine, you do not have the smarts. Anyone that doesn't understand basic chemistry, density, concentration, dilution, and uses a juice calculator to mix juice should not have access to 99.9% nicotine. But, the Chinese will sell to anyone.

Seal that bottle up, now, and learn first. Don't sniff it, taste it, put it up until you learn more.

Thanks for that and sorry and to be a little piolite back but to learn something is to ask something and read something.
I am sure people ask questions here on advise about products and some people give advise back (isnt this what this forum is for, for help and advise or is to .....) on the best way to handle things. and yes your answer is to put it asside till I learn that is what I have done. also I do use calculators to measure everything so it can be double checked so nothing is wrong with that. I use calcuations to mix and make hydrochloric acids and really dont want to stuff that up do I. so back to my question. i have been given two answers 99.9% pure nicotine is 99mg and the other is 999mg. Yes it is put aside until I have learnt. hence my question Is that hard?
:ohmy:

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
Closing this thread. ECF does not allow discussion of pure or high concentration nicotine in the open forum. Suffice it to say if you have to ask about handling it you don't have the training or equipment.

Pure nicotine is deadly, if you do not have a full hazmat certified laboratory setup and proper training you can easily kill yourself or others.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-forum-rules/51178-forum-rules.html
Notes

[1] It became obvious that some members joining in discussion of pure nicotine did not have any idea of the danger, or any knowledge of working with hazardous chemicals, or even any basic knowledge of measurements. Pure nic is as dangerous as cyanide - opening a bottle in a room can result in all present being poisoned. It must be handled in a fume cupboard, with hazmat precautions. Pure nic can be theoretically defined as: Nicotine 100%, 1000mg, 1000mg/ml, but is more likely to be found as 998mg, 997mg/ml or 990 mg (99%). We consider anything over 90% / 900mg to be 'pure nic'. No discussion of use or links to suppliers whatsoever* are allowed.

There is a very real danger of death or hospitalization with this material and ECF cannot support any publicity of its use or sources. There is no need to use it since far safer strengths are available for bulk mixing, such as 48mg (4.8% nicotine in PG or VG), 60mg (6%), and 100mg (10%). To protect our members and ourselves we do not allow discussion or sources of anything over 200mg (20% nic)*.

Advertising/promotion on ECF cannot exceed 36mg strength. Vendor's sites can sell any strength up to 89% though we advise vendors to limit sales to 10% / 100mg/ml where possible. Sites selling pure nic will be banned.

* Except within private trade forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread