• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

A balanced article from the Globe & Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagey K

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Canada
I really like the article, it is seemingly fair, but there are 2 ideas inside the article that I find myself opposed to.

One comes very early in the article suggesting that ecigs are big tobaccos way of curtailing the law. As a 1 year vapor and on and off these forums we can see that is not the case. The big pushback against ecigs seems to come from big tobacco because they haven't found a way to monetize and force regulation on us, because many of the ingredients are so easy to get the can't find a way to control it.... Yet.

The second is the idea that because celebs were vaping at the Golden Globes it was seemingly a big advertisement for Blu. Sure perhaps Blu may have thrown some kits in some swag bags (I don't know this, I am assuming) but they are a battery. If someone is truly interested in ecig they can find the juice anywhere. So blu being a battery may find some popularity, but it will always be a first stepping stone.

Had the writer omitted the opinions out of the piece and stuck with the facts it would have been more enjoyable, but even with the opinions thrown it it is good to see people trying to be somewhat fair about the debate.

There is more I could nitpick but those 2 stand out and other then that it was reasonably fair, and more fair then most people are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread