The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

A batt`y decision.....

Discussion in 'Canada Forum' started by Smile n' shine, May 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Smile n' shine

Smile n' shine Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 13, 2012
    Canada
    Greetings All :)

I`m looking at a 650mah passthrough & a regular 1000 mah (Egos).

The 650mah will give me a few extra hours to my collection & a passthrough option (is this really safe to use on laptop & will it really charge). It is more compact.

The 1000mah will take longer to charge but provide extra vaping hours unplugged. It`s a huge battery.

Ahhhhh, I can`t decide between the two. :facepalm:

Thanks for letting me brainstorm.....any other advantages or disadvantages you can add....:confused:

2. Toronto_Mike

Toronto_Mike Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Dec 2, 2011
    Toronto, Canada
    You'll always want a minimum of 2, so try out both. You can't go wrong with either of the above choices.

For fears sake, I have 4 x 1000mah with 3 in rotation. There is nothing worse than leaving the house with 2 dead batteries & having to work through the day without a vape. I fixed this issue by now having 4 batteries & 2 chargers. Maybe all I needed was a charger for my truck?

There have been a few cases of ego batteries exploding when being charged with a usb connected to a pc. For my safety, I have never charged a battery with a pc's usb port. That's just me.

We all learn from our misfortunes & mistakes.

3. sam.8

sam.8 Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Have to agree with the comment above. I have 3 650s (two are well over a year old and keep on ticking), and 3 1000 mah, one is vv. Nice to have options :)

4. Smile n' shine

Apr 13, 2012
    Canada
    I just picked up one extra then my 2nd battery started failing. But I really need 3, which why I ordered the extra. Oh Murphy`s Law!

I`m going overbudget on my spending....lol YES I want both, that`s the problem ;) I suppose I`ll choose from a hat.
    Also, I don`t think I`ll use the usb to passthrough....don`t want to take any chances.

5. ChellyNelly

ChellyNelly Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    Dartmouth, NS
  6. Smile n' shine

Apr 13, 2012
    Canada
    Had you posted this yesterday, according to your avatar I would have said.....May the 4th be with you. Cracked up all day over that one.

7. Smile n' shine

Apr 13, 2012
    Canada
    I did see that one when I was shopping around! Maybe down the road. I think my heart belongs to the pink ones I found. My life won`t be complete until I own a pink ego ( silly I know)....lol ;)

8. WolfeReign

WolfeReign Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2011
    Wolfe Paradise
    You find a purple one let me know ;)

Personally? i have x2 650's (a few years older as well) 1- 900mah ego t and 1 generic 1100mah pass through. Personally i would go like mike, and have then all pass throughs as with my stardust's the pass through has more kick.

9. fourtytwo

fourtytwo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Toronto
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.