• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

A bit unerved by some new mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbojar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Largo, Florida
What are your thoughts on the Hades, and now Raijin mod with the number of the beast stamped on the forehead? My jaw hit the floor when I saw that; Gimmick or not it has some serious implications. I understand people may like devil masks like the Oni mod, and other mythical characters such as Nemesis, and I have no problem with that as long as it isn't idolatry, but the number of the beast is "in your face" blasphemy. It goes beyond simple atheism or flipping the finger to Christians, and makes a statement of being "for satan", the same as the Cross is our symbol of being "for Christ".

To the contrary I have seen the Templar mod, and the Tree of Life, though more "earthy" than spiritual. I know people will say to each his own and some may say the Raijin is no different for them as the Templar is for us, but I wonder if people really realize the significance of that number, because it is not even something to joke about. As a merchant I would never sell them, but again, I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinions or standards.

God bless all, hope you have a great weekend!

gbojar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Largo, Florida
"Afraid off"? I never mentioned afraid of anything, I just said I hope people understand the gravity of its implications, and satan worship would technically also be a religion :)

I didn't say it should not have been made either, and as far as censorship we are called intolerant for our beliefs but to say that is intolerance, right? We have just as much right to the first amendment as anyone else.

We also don't "demand" anything, Christianity is about choice, and "Under God" has been reduced to a cliche by our government, so I don't buy into "demanding" anything.

Like I said, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and I was asking other Christian vapers in the Christian forum what they felt about it, but thank for your input, and I pray God finds His way into your heart my brother.

Last edited:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Censorship: Religious people ask for it, demand it . What are they afraid off, the truth ? Rushdie has a contract on his life because he dared challenge it.

Idolatry, Only religious people practice it and demand it of others.

Btw I own a Hades 26650, I like the graphics.

What the original poster was talking about is anti-Christian hardware sold in the market place. This is not a forum for talking about any hardware, or what is thought against the Christians. There are other parts of the website to do that. Thank you for your compliance. :closedeyes:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
"Afraid off"? I never mentioned afraid of anything, I just said I hope people understand the gravity of its implications, and satan worship would technically also be a religion :)

I didn't say it should not have been made either, and as far as censorship we are called intolerant for our beliefs but to say that is intolerance, right? We have just as much right to the first amendment as anyone else.

We also don't "demand" anything, Christianity is about choice, and "Under God" has been reduced to a cliche by our government, so I don't buy into "demanding" anything.

Like I said, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and I was asking other Christian vapers in the Christian forum what they felt about it, but thank for your input, and I pray God finds His way into your heart my brother.

gbojar, I've taken care of it. :)

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    What are your thoughts on the Hades, and now Raijin mod with the number of the beast stamped on the forehead? My jaw hit the floor when I saw that; Gimmick or not it has some serious implications. I understand people may like devil masks like the Oni mod, and other mythical characters such as Nemesis, and I have no problem with that as long as it isn't idolatry, but the number of the beast is "in your face" blasphemy. It goes beyond simple atheism or flipping the finger to Christians, and makes a statement of being "for satan", the same as the Cross is our symbol of being "for Christ".

To the contrary I have seen the Templar mod, and the Tree of Life, though more "earthy" than spiritual. I know people will say to each his own and some may say the Raijin is no different for them as the Templar is for us, but I wonder if people really realize the significance of that number, because it is not even something to joke about. As a merchant I would never sell them, but again, I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinions or standards.

God bless all, hope you have a great weekend!

I wouldn't have a picture in my house with a guy with horns, tail and pitch folk that represents the devil who I know doesn't look like that, it's all about the gimmick and feeding into it. I never looked into those mods but if there's an image or meaning that is associated to evil - it's not for me.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    My family giggled about me when I told them I would not own a Dirt devil, nor make devil's food cake, or deviled eggs. I have a Eureka vacuum, I make chocolate cake, and stuffed eggs.

Gbojar,I almost dropped my teeth when I saw triple six cough syrup. It's true. It's up to you what you want to sell or not if you own the store. If you don't own the store, then it's up to the owner. You could say sell something that is an equvilent. It would bug me, too. And yes, it's everywhere....there's no denying it. Put on the full armor of God before you go to work. You are in the world, not a part of the world. IMO, I believe the Lord knows your heart and will help you in further decisions. We all stand with you! :) You have a great weekend too! :)

gbojar

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Largo, Florida
    Honesty, what I was getting at is the relevance of the number of the beast. I see people use it in their email addresses or usernames and I don't think they understand the implication of it. It is prophesied that people will take the number of the beast, at which point their souls are lost. It doesn't anger me, it saddens me that people who never read the Bible just see it as a joke, and I am sure there are people who have had it tattooed on their body as a joke, so as a Christian it hurts my heart. God made it perfectly clear that ignorance is not an excuse, one reason I am going to school to become a missionary, to reach people groups who have not heard the gospel, so when people make light of it I do get a little ruffled.

Sorry if I went a little overboard, I should probably go back and reread the rules, speaking of ignorance being no excuse :)

And thanks for everything Saintscruiser!

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    The thread shows up in New Posts; and often people don't look at the forum it's posted in (I didn't). Not excusing, just saying that what might feel like a private place is still exposed to the rest of ECF.

That is why, Coelli, that I explained it to him/her without deleting the post, which I could have done, but don't on the first post unless it's intentional. I don't use the New Post feature so I don't know how it comes up. I have a suspicion that word will travel fast. You are so very nice to stand up for him/her. :)

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Honesty, what I was getting at is the relevance of the number of the beast. I see people use it in their email addresses or usernames and I don't think they understand the implication of it. It is prophesied that people will take the number of the beast, at which point their souls are lost. It doesn't anger me, it saddens me that people who never read the Bible just see it as a joke, and I am sure there are people who have had it tattooed on their body as a joke, so as a Christian it hurts my heart. God made it perfectly clear that ignorance is not an excuse, one reason I am going to school to become a missionary, to reach people groups who have not heard the gospel, so when people make light of it I do get a little ruffled.

Sorry if I went a little overboard, I should probably go back and reread the rules, speaking of ignorance being no excuse :)

It does break your heart. I cringe when I hear someone say, "Go to hell." They have no idea what they're saying. I used to use it myself, before I became a Christian. If this breaks our hearts, then you can only imagine how God's heart breaks.

BTW, you haven't broken the rules of the forum. Talking about different hardware for profit, promotion, or just in general isn't allowed. What you posted was the anti-Christian hardware. AWESOME about your school. How long until you're finished?

We all get ruffled. We're not perfect. The only perfect One was Jesus. People watch us closer, just waiting for a mess up. They've learned or heard about God Is Love and everything should be a bunch of roses without consequence. They can't wait to catch you! They then throw it in your face. We're forgiven, not perfect....but one day we shall be! Amein!

You are most certainly welcome. :)

Coelli

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    Los Angeles, CA
    That is why, Coelli, that I explained it to him/her without deleting the post, which I could have done, but don't on the first post unless it's intentional. I don't use the New Post feature so I don't know how it comes up. I have a suspicion that word will travel fast. You are so very nice to stand up for him/her. :)

Well, I didn't want you guys to think someone might have come into the forum just to troll. :) Have a good day everyone!

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    I viewed the original post while browsing the 'new posts' . I did not realize that I was where I was.

Sorry for the intrusion.

Easily forgiven, Tangaroav. I appreciate your apology post more than you know. It's very refreshing and honest. Be blessed and have a safe holiday weekend! :)

vapero

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    monterrey,mexico

666 are just numbers just like:
    13 (o wait, there are no 13th floors on us buildings)
    4 (o sorry the Chinese associate this with death and bad luck, again no 4th floors there)

well those are just superstitions, some people take it too seriously, some don't mind, some don't know and some like to make fun of the superstition

gbojar

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Largo, Florida
    Vapepro, I respectfully disagree that it is superstition, besides it is not the numbers but the meaning of the mark behind them, and the "mark" of the beast is not superstition, it is written in the Book of Revelation.

Saintscruiser, I am in my second semester so it will be a few years for my Bachelor of Science degrees, but I am taking summers to shave off a couple months. The first is Biblical & Theological Studies and the second is Christian Ministries. If I have enough credits left over i will claim a minor in Psychology which was my original major, so I already have a jump start on it.

Last edited:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    666 are just numbers just like:
    13 (o wait, there are no 13th floors on us buildings)
    4 (o sorry the Chinese associate this with death and bad luck, again no 4th floors there)

well those are just superstitions, some people take it too seriously, some don't mind, some don't know and some like to make fun of the superstition

The Holy Bible clearly states:

Revelation 13:16 - 18

16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark of the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.

It is not a superstitution, Vapor. It's there in black and white, and as Christians, we do take it seriously. Did you realize you were posting in the Christian Vapor's area? I thought I might point that out.

13th floors are superstitous to some people, not us. We live by Scripture. Please keep it respectful. Thank you. :)

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Thank you AGAIN for coming to my defense Saintscruiser :)

Although I am seriously afraid to speak my mind anymore, I get attacked twice in the same thread, and it is only once bitten twice shy :(

No fear in here, gbojar!

2 Timothy 1:7
    King James Version (KJV)
    7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Speak freely and keep Scripture close by. Remember who you're speaking to.....not flesh and blood. Jesus spoke to satan in the desert with Scripture. He didn't talk world affairs. satan hates the truth. I check the board many times a day. :) Don't stop posting as you are now part of our family. :banana::banana::banana:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread