A couple of DIY questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
So I'm thinking about giving DIY a try and was looking at the unflavored nic juice or "smoke juice" from myfreedomsmokes. I vape 12mg and the lowest nic content it comes in is 24mg so I'm guessing I would have to dilute it to my desired strength using some pg/vg?

My other question is about storage, I don't vape a ton so a fairly large bottle would last me for months more than likely, would it be fine to just store it somewhere dark and cool like a cabinet?

I'd appreciate any advice, tips, etc that you could offer :)

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
To make 12mg juice using a 24mg base liquid you need to dilute it with the same amount of zero nic liquid+flavor.
For example, when you're going to use 10% flavor, the recipe will be:
50% of 24% liquid
40% of zero nic liquid
10% flavor

Storage (for a long time) would be best in a fridge or freezer.
But if it's only a couple o' months, a cool dark place is fine.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Last edited:

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
So basically, if I were to use 5ml of 24mg nic I'd have to use 5ml or zero nic to dilute it?
Well, yes. But like I (and awsum140) said, you want flavor as well.
So to get 12mg liquid you need 50% of your 24mg nic liquid + a total of 50% of whatever you want to add, be it flavor, saliva, water, PG, VG or whatever. As long as you mix 2 equal volumes you'll get 12mg/ml.

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
Alrightey that makes sense then, I decided to get everything but the nic juice from wizardlabs (since they were out of 12mg nic in lower quantities) so I can give it a go. Thank you both for the help! I already downloaded and took a look at that e-liquid calculator so I'll make sure to use it when everything comes in :)

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
Well, it's better to start out with a higher nic level than what you want to achieve anyway.
Say you'd bought the 12mg nic liq and added a flavor which needs to be used at a 20% level:
This would mean you'd have to mix 80% of your nic liq with 20% flavor. This would result in a final product containing only 80% of your 12mg nicotine which equals 9.6mg. That's quite a bit less than what you wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread