A couple of very basic battery questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Hi!

Just simple stuff.. I was trying to put my D4 into low power mode just to test it out, and i held the button for too long and it went into lifepo4 mode whilst my 18650's (vtc5a) were charging (2 of them were installed). I switched it back, but is there any possible danger/damage to the batteries that could have occured, i.e i hope they are still safe to use?

Second question is that I am looking at this charger.. the only place i can find it to deliver in Australia is here:
GYRFALCON All - 88 Smart Battery Charger-58.00 Online Shopping| GearBest.com

It comes with a voltage switching psu, therefore safe for 240 volt, and a figure 8 style female cable socket. can i just buy any old australian figure 8 male cable and plug it into the gyrfalcon psu, or do i need a special kind?

Cheers!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
If the quote below applies to all batteries inserted, then you got it out before it went into full charge mode. If that's so I'd say that no harm was done because you removed it before it went into full charge mode. I wouldn't worry.

http://flashlight.nitecore.com/html/uploads/ueditor/image/product/D4/D4_UM_EN.pdf

Battery Activation For every installed battery, the D4 will activate the battery by charging it for 6 seconds at a low current. If zero voltage is detected, “Err” will be displayed on the LCD screen. If activation fails the first time, please remove and reinstall the battery once again and activate for the second time. Note: The D4 is not recommended for use with over-discharged (zero volt) UNPROTECTED Li-ion batteries. Li-ion batteries without a protection circuit can potentially cause a fire or explosion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread