A couple questions about "dripping"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternityroad

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
I viewed a vid on dripping and tried it last night. Great results with my Xhale02. The flavor is better and the vapor is better. But I have a couple of questions:

1. Will continued dripping lead to clogged attys and in general become problematic?

2. I understand that three drops on the atty results in about 10-20 puffs or the equivalent of one analogue. Sooooo can anyone tell me how many drops are in a 15 ml. bottle of juice which is the size of my flavor bottles, at this time? Or how I might go about measuring such a thing.

Any other hints, suggestions or advice is much appreciated.

Thanx,

Eternity

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
1. Has not been a problem for me. I blow out my atty's nightly to get rid of any left over juice

2. You do not state what type of atty. Standard or LR??? That will make a difference on puff count along with draw duration. Drop size depends on PG/VG ratio. I use 80/20 which is about 25 drops per ml. So about 375 drops in 15 mls or if you are dropping 3 drops around 125 charges of the atty in a 15ml bottle.

Hope this helps

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
I really don't know which kind of atty comes with the Xhale. Any guidance here? Meantime I'll search the forums for some info. Thanx to both of you for answering my questions.

Not familar w/the Xhale but it looks like a standarrd resistance atty. Therefore depending on draw length you should get around 10 - 15 good pulls off a 3 drop charge. Just gauge it by a drop off in flavor and or vapor production and you will know when to add another few drops

Bozzlite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Central Texas
1. Dripping is not gonna have an adverse effect on your attys as long as you don't let them get to dry.

2. Three drops on the atty is approximately 8-12 puffs. I don't know what's equivalent to an analog. There are the regulars and the 100's. And the regulars and the lights and ultralights. So puffs per analog will vary. Its funny, after 42 years of smoking, I never counted how many puffs I got from one. I do know that one cig would last me exactly 7 minutes.

3. One ml of juice is equal to about 20 drops, depending on the viscosity. The thicker the juice, the fewer drops per ml you will achieve. And perhaps the size of the dropper opening makes a difference too.

Cranston McCloud

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2010
West Sacramento, California
I was dripping my XHale for a couple of weeks while researching other models. Worked very well, but I always just dripped 1 or 2 drops at a time and just drip more often to be sure I didn't leak into the battery. Loved it until I got the 1000mAh eGo. It is hard to guage drop count due to several variables. But I think I get around 15 to 20 drops per ml on average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread