Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
I have some questions about my Apex Ultramaxx, hopefully you guys can give me some insight.

When I fill the RES, I have an LR 510 Atomizer connected and the complete RES assembly fitted on. I drip about 10 drops right into the atomizer, twice, wait for it to settle and then Vape.

Everything is groovy.

I noticed today that the threads to remove the RES are now super gritty, to the point where I can't even get the thing off with reasonable force.

Furthermore, there is tons of juice in-between the atomizer connection and the atomizer when I take it off. I know this whole RES system is for intentional overdriving, but I'm not sure if the juice is supposed to pool down in there. Does it harm anything?

Overall, I am very pleased with this mod, but I want to make sure I am using it right, the RES seems to be a mess and I don't want to damage my threads if I am using it wrong.

Thanks so much for the help,

Vape Groovily!

WiiWok

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Washington State
Regarding the grit issue; you'll get some RES 'dandruff' in the threads occasionally. When that starts to happen (and I try to catch it the moment i notice it) I'll just disassemble my Alpha and give it a good rinse then use a soft cloth to gently clear any debris in the threads. After a thorough cleaning there's no resistance due to debris when screwing on the RES or atomizer interface.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
I have some questions about my Apex Ultramaxx, hopefully you guys can give me some insight.

When I fill the RES, I have an LR 510 Atomizer connected and the complete RES assembly fitted on. I drip about 10 drops right into the atomizer, twice, wait for it to settle and then Vape.

Everything is groovy.

I noticed today that the threads to remove the RES are now super gritty, to the point where I can't even get the thing off with reasonable force.

Furthermore, there is tons of juice in-between the atomizer connection and the atomizer when I take it off. I know this whole RES system is for intentional overdriving, but I'm not sure if the juice is supposed to pool down in there. Does it harm anything?

Overall, I am very pleased with this Mod, but I want to make sure I am using it right, the RES seems to be a mess and I don't want to damage my threads if I am using it wrong.

Thanks so much for the help,

Vape Groovily!

As WiiWok said, you sometimes get some RES particles that get stuck in the threads, and overtime dirt and grime will build up in there also. Another common thing that happens is in most new units, the threads take some breaking in. The whole thing is nickel-plated, including the threads. This makes the tolerances even tighter, and in some cases you have to grind them down a little bit for them to break back to the tolerance it is supposed to be at. So simply, you just have to screw it on and off a lot and after a while the threads should be like butter.

And as for the liquid build up in the between the atomizer contact and the atomizer itself, it's totally normal. The liquid moves from the RES to the bottom holes in the atomizer which sit in that area. So dont worry, liquid is supposed to be built up in that spot.

Good to hear you are liking your UltraMax, if you have any other questions please let me know.

Cheers,
Tony

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
As WiiWok said, you sometimes get some RES particles that get stuck in the threads, and overtime dirt and grime will build up in there also. Another common thing that happens is in most new units, the threads take some breaking in. The whole thing is nickel-plated, including the threads. This makes the tolerances even tighter, and in some cases you have to grind them down a little bit for them to break back to the tolerance it is supposed to be at. So simply, you just have to screw it on and off a lot and after a while the threads should be like butter.

And as for the liquid build up in the between the atomizer contact and the atomizer itself, it's totally normal. The liquid moves from the RES to the bottom holes in the atomizer which sit in that area. So dont worry, liquid is supposed to be built up in that spot.

Good to hear you are liking your UltraMax, if you have any other questions please let me know.

Cheers,
Tony

Very Groovy Gents! Thanks to both of you for such a quick response. Basically I took it apart this afternoon before I read your posts, gave everything a good rinse, an even better dry and put a small amount of vaseline on the threads. (Scott, Igetcha recommended this in his video review I believe, although this may have been the GGTS).

Do you guys recommend the Valesine, or is it even necessary?

I also noticed that the female thread of the RES-Body connection has a sort of "burr" on it, it just ...... the finger ever so slightly. Will this wear down the threading and should it be fixed?

Just wanted to note that I bought this guy from another member so I probably don't have warranty or anything, but I want to keep her working like new for a long time.

Thanks again,

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Very Groovy Gents! Thanks to both of you for such a quick response. Basically I took it apart this afternoon before I read your posts, gave everything a good rinse, an even better dry and put a small amount of vaseline on the threads. (Scott, Igetcha recommended this in his video review I believe, although this may have been the GGTS).

Do you guys recommend the Valesine, or is it even necessary?

I also noticed that the female thread of the RES-Body connection has a sort of "burr" on it, it just ...... the finger ever so slightly. Will this wear down the threading and should it be fixed?

Just wanted to note that I bought this guy from another member so I probably don't have warranty or anything, but I want to keep her working like new for a long time.

Thanks again,

I wouldn't recommend putting anything on the threads, once you have them broken in they will be super smooth without any vaseline or nolax, etc.

As for the burr, it should smooth itself out just as the threads as a whole smooth out over time.

Oh and by the way, doesn't matter where you got it from, the warranty stays with the unit, not the original buyer. So you are covered if anything happens. Let me know if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
I wouldn't recommend putting anything on the threads, once you have them broken in they will be super smooth without any vaseline or nolax, etc.

As for the burr, it should smooth itself out just as the threads as a whole smooth out over time.

Oh and by the way, doesn't matter where you got it from, the warranty stays with the unit, not the original buyer. So you are covered if anything happens. Let me know if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

Thats Awesome!

This thing just keeps getting better and better. It blows my mind.

Thanks so much for all the info. I'll let you know if I have any other questions for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread