Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
I just purchased an Apex Ultramaxx with a RES system. I was wondering if the RES would work with cartomizers instead of an atomizer. The holes are still there so I don't think it would be that different.

Does anyone know about this or have any experience with it?

Thanks for the input, and vape groovily.

Also, am I really the first person to start a thread in here??!?! Or is something just busted?

So I just purchased an Apex Ultramaxx with a RES from another member on the forum. My question is: "Will the RES work as intended with a cartomizer, or does it have to have an atomizer in it for it to work properly". It seems like it would still work, what with the holes and not.

Does anyone have any experience with using the Ultramaxx RES like this?

I just purchased an Ultramaxx with RES system and was wondering if the RES will work with cartomizers, or does it have to use an atomizer? The holes look the same on cartos.

Does anyone have any experience with trying to use cartos with the RES?

Input appreciated, vape Groovily!

Last edited by a moderator:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
You probably busted it 'cause you have asked the same question in 3 forums that I have seen ! :lol:

I have the Alpha Ultra with RES. Yes you could use cartos if you wanted.

Hey there...yes you could use cartos if you wanted to.

I see you also asked the veterans this question. When you ask a question in Ask the Veterans...it could be a couple of days before you get an answer...I also answered for you in the Mod section !!

Hope you catch one of the answers !

answered in another post...

Last edited:

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
...I have the Alpha Ultra with RES...
How do you like it? Is a 3.7V mod with a tank really worth the price?

For $170, I think I'd rather have a VV Buzz Pro and Vape-O-Matic Liquinator (or J-Tank or DCT MAP Tank, but they are out of stock). [Although, since I am a budget vaper, I'll settle for my $35 3.7V NoEgo 18650 and dual coil cartos ... and get one of those tanks later on.]

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
It's not a tank per say It just has the ability to wick up some liquid. I didn't get the whole kit...and I used a discount code so I paid way less than that. I had normally used mostly my mini REO...but I like this because it's a tube.

(I am a 3.7 mechanical fan 'cause I am a clutz...and I like gadgets !)

namuch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Surprise,Az
The apex alpha uses a porous ceramic cylinder to retain the liquid using surface tension. It works extremely well. I can drop 10-20 drops in it (the mid-range ultra model), and chain vape it for 15-20 minutes using LR 510's or 306's. Quite cool, if you enjoy dripping without the constant topping off and leaking issues normally associated with dripping. The other claim to fame for the alpha is the slide switch activation, which makes it very pocket friendly with zero chance of firing while you are carrying it.

While you "can" use carto's with it, I don't think the RES is really doing it's best work in that situation, since it can't really refill a carto like you can by dripping into the batting. That being said, a full carto, and a full RES should give you 1.5x the juice life on average that you would have with just a carto alone.

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
How do you like it? Is a 3.7V mod with a tank really worth the price?

For $170, I think I'd rather have a VV Buzz Pro and Vape-O-Matic Liquinator (or J-Tank or DCT MAP Tank, but they are out of stock). [Although, since I am a budget vaper, I'll settle for my $35 3.7V NoEgo 18650 and dual coil cartos ... and get one of those tanks later on.]

Sent from my Galaxy

Havent got it yet. Still in the poatal system. I'm itching to get my hands on it

Sent from my Galaxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread