a few questions from a newbie 510 user

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I've got a Zenith (510) PCC kit 3 batts (manual) 3 atomisers, liquid etc

I wondered:

1. Is the Zenith a rebranded 510 or a clone model?
2. Im dripping / refilling at the same time (one drip on the atomiser one in the cart with filler intact) seems to be working ok for " smoking one cigarette", but are there any performance issues for atomiser lifespan doing it this way on a manual batt?
3. How does the battery burn cleaning method work for you- to clean the atomiser- if you do it? (Pressing manual battery button in until you get a 'red glow') I'd heard this is a good quick way to do it?
4. If I get e liquid on my fingers will cleaning with soap and water be sufficient when handling young children (I have two) this is a big concern, Im currently using 18mg liquid/ 2/3 drips at a time - chip compliant bottles - don't want to make the kids ill, when I'm trying to head in a healthier direction (and knock the marlboro lights on the head!)

Thanks in advance and for all the useful info I've had so far from lurking on here!

Duncan x

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
doin it for the kids:Hello all,

I've got a Zenith (510) PCC kit 3 batts (manual) 3 atomisers, liquid etc

I wondered:

1. Is the Zenith a rebranded 510 or a clone model?

Pretty sure it's a Joye from a quick search...

2. Im dripping / refilling at the same time (one drip on the atomiser one in the cart with filler intact) seems to be working ok for " smoking one cigarette", but are there any performance issues for atomiser lifespan doing it this way on a manual batt?

No. You should get more than one drop on the filler through.

3. How does the battery burn cleaning method work for you- to clean the atomiser- if you do it? (Pressing manual battery button in until you get a 'red glow') I'd heard this is a good quick way to do it?

I don't recommend it. But others do - search "dry burn".

4. If I get e liquid on my fingers will cleaning with soap and water be sufficient when handling young children (I have two) this is a big concern, Im currently using 18mg liquid/ 2/3 drips at a time - chip compliant bottles - don't want to make the kids ill, when I'm trying to head in a healthier direction (and knock the marlboro lights on the head!)

Keep all eliquid away from kids reach. First thing they'll do is put it in their mouth (well, depending on age). If you get it on your hands - rinsing off should do it, but yeah, if handling kids - soap and water.

Thanks in advance and for all the useful info I've had so far from lurking on here!

jctennis

ECF Veteran
Yeah it's a 510 rebrand... there are a lot of them, and I use soap and water to clean my hands. I have 2 kids as well and this is sufficient. Nic is water soluble so it will wash off easy. As for your cart method I could tell you 1000 reasons why this is bad but if it's working for you I suppose I shouldn't complain. I use the direct drip method... try it. It will only cost you a pen. I can't post links so search it on the forums here "DDC"

Guineahill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
King George Virginia USA
Welcome!

Washing your hands is plenty to get the nicotine off and make you kid-safe again.

And go ahead and top off your cartridge a bit more. Generally you want to avoid having your atomizer run dry too often. Yes... dry burns are used to clean them by some, but not dozens of times a day! ;)

Read the articles in the library for lots of great information! I particularly recommend the Wonderful World of Vaping.

And welcome to the forum!

:)

just nipped out for an analogue (i'm in a transitional phase, don't hate me for it..it's only been 4 days!)

I don't really want to direct drip to be honest, but I'd like to know if people drip one on the atomiser and 1 or 2 in the batting everytime they want a smoke - or is the drip on the atomiser only necessary maybe once or twice a day, to keep the atomiser 'happy'?

Thanks for all the replies by the way, it's very encouraging to hear all the positive stories and see the little boxes people have, with "days off analogs" and "money saved" in there, it's a shame that the FDA and ASH and organisations with biased, vested (financial) interests can't see beyond the ends of their noses.

(Please note I used both the US and UK spellings for analog / analogue in order to maintain good transatlantic relations ;D:))

Thanks again for the welcome x

jctennis

ECF Veteran
do tell....? (not all thousand reasons!)
Hell I drip, but only with an empty cart. The one drop on a cart isn't enough to wet it sufficiently. You are going to run into a lot of problems. The biggest 2 reasons are over-heated attys, which will kill them, and burnt poly-fill. Someone described the taste as "smoking a mop bucket." I'd have to agree with that description.:lol:

sheep

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Hi diftk :) I often vape with a cart just as you describe except for dripping one on the atty. Couple drops on the cart , and I find it give a good amount of vapour almost like one cigarettes worth without getting too dry.

But usually I just direct drip. I didn't think I would be into doing this but I found it actually very easy and effective.

jctennis

ECF Veteran
just nipped out for an analogue (i'm in a transitional phase, don't hate me for it..it's only been 4 days!)

I don't really want to direct drip to be honest, but I'd like to know if people drip one on the atomiser and 1 or 2 in the batting everytime they want a smoke - or is the drip on the atomiser only necessary maybe once or twice a day, to keep the atomiser 'happy'?

Thanks for all the replies by the way, it's very encouraging to hear all the positive stories and see the little boxes people have, with "days off analogs" and "money saved" in there, it's a shame that the FDA and ASH and organisations with biased, vested (financial) interests can't see beyond the ends of their noses.

(Please note I used both the US and UK spellings for analog / analogue in order to maintain good transatlantic relations ;D:))

Thanks again for the welcome x

I find dripping about 3 drops on the atty will give you about 1 cig. I almost think of it like using a lighter on an analog. I just replace it with opening my bottle and dripping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread