A Few Questions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy S

Nov 7, 2008
Dublin
Hello everyone!

Wow, I cannot believe I only found out about these things, I am gettin me one very soon. But first, I need to make sure I get the right one so I have a few questions for you experts!!

Can anyone recommend a decent brand of e-cigarette?? Is there any main difference between them? Do I need to take into account the fact that I will need to purchase replacement cartridges every so often? I like the look of the smaller one that actually looks like a cigarette but I hear they are not as efficient as the longer ones??

Bottom line, I live in Dublin and I smoke silk cut purple, about a pack a day, so what exactly would suit me taking into account my location etc?? I dont mind spending a few quid to get it right.

thanks everyone

Jimmy

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
you shoud try a couple of the uk sellers jimmy, smokester or pillbox. both are reliable and deliver the same good products to ireland. go with a pentstyle or a 901, get a bottle of liquid and some spare attomizers. if you want a top of the line device, get one of trog's screwdrivers. it doesnt resemeble a cigarette at all but it wont fail you. there are no flavours that match a cigarette imho and certainly not one that matches skp. you'll end up trying a bunch. i like the cherry and vanilla though im huffing some french-pipe and camel at the moment.

can i ask you where you heard of electronic cigarettes?

pillbox http://www.theelectroniccigarette.co.uk
smokester http://www.e-cigs.co.uk/
you have to pm trog if you want a screwdriver. he knocks them up himself and supplies are limited

personally, i prefer a penstyle over a 901. the carts hold more juice. the batts last longer and there are alot of interchangeable parts

Last edited:

scrubadub

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2008
London, UK
Hi Jimmy,

A good model to start with is the DSE901. It's a bit bigger than the cigarette size models but tends to perform much better. Here are two UK suppliers who frequent this forum and are held in high regard:

The Electronic Cigarette Company (UK) Ltd.

Electronic Cigarette | Free Yourself... | e-cigs Welcome

Pillbox who runs the Electronic cigarette company has a clearance deal going on Ebay at the moment on the 901s. Whichever colour you go for is down to taste but I'd recommend buying a couple of kits as they are dirt cheap and parts can wear out quickly:

White model £15.99 starter kit
MINI ELECTRONIC CIGARETTE STARTER KIT+10 CARTRIDGES on eBay, also, Quitting Smoking, Health Care, Health Beauty (end time 24-Nov-08 18:45:24 GMT)

Black model £22.99 starter kit
BLACK MINI ELECTRONIC CIGARETTE STARTER KIT+10 CARTS on eBay, also, Quitting Smoking, Health Care, Health Beauty (end time 01-Dec-08 23:09:26 GMT)

BadSeed

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2008
Arbroath, UK
The DSE901 should be perfect for you to start with. Also known as the mini cigarette (not the super mini). Certainly it was a great start for me.

You can get them in white, black, or pink.

Two suppliers you'll want to check out are The Electronic Cigarette Company
The Electronic Cigarette Company (UK) Ltd. - SHOP -

This is run by the guy known as pillbox38 on these here forums.

and also e-cigs.co.uk at
Electronic Cigarette | Free Yourself... | e-cigs Welcome

This is run by smokester from the forums.

Also check out ratindahat's videos and reviews at
E-CigReview.com
for tutorials and reviews, including reviews of products from the two suppliers I've mentioned.

Jimmy S

Nov 7, 2008
Dublin
Guys, many thanks for the fast and very helpful replies, you guys crack me up so much!! I guess after a while you build a collection of these things and you find your own preferable brand. I like the sound of the 901, I will go with that, so what do I need to get to keep me going for a while, apart from the basic starter pack? Do you guys stock up on cartridges to save on delivery?? Is this liquid just used instead of replacing cartridges?? Can I ask also, do you guys only smoke these now and not real cigarettes?? I guess you dont feel the need to abstain from a real cigarette now and again when you have one of these because you are not worried about the issue of smoking a pack a day or ruining your health?? Or do you tend to have periods where you put it away and smoke for real for a while?? Its all so intriguing to me!! With all the parts and extras you need to buy overtime, do you still save a fortune on real cigarettes?? One other question, just say I only want a few puffs at a time, can you just turn it off and on anytime you want??

By the way, I found this out by reading an article in my local newspaper promoting the Gamucci brand, to be honest, I just presumed they were the only ones who made them!!

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
which paper was it in jimmy. the only time, i saw them mentioned was in the metro when the WHO was complaining.

you should get around 50 carts and a bottle of e-liquid and maybe 2-3 spare atomizers. that will tide you over for a while. if you smoke a pack a day, that's about 220 a month. an e-cig habit costs about half that or less if you are frugal about it. you can quit altogether or smoke an odd one. its up to the person.

Last edited:

scrubadub

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2008
London, UK
The 901 should come with some prefilled cartridges to start you off with. I wouldn't bother buying any more of those though just get some liquid and blank carts and refill with them. Pillbox also runs this site that has very nice liquid:

Totally Wicked E liquid-Premier Electronic Cigarette fluid

French pipe is very popular, I like mixing it with the coconut myself, but it'll take a while to find what kind of flavours you like. One thing to be aware of is none of the tobacco ones really taste much like the brands they claim to replicate.

You'll hear differing stories on this board about success with stopping real fags but for me personally I've only had one since I got the e-cig. I couldn't finish it in the end as it tasted foul. Initially I did hanker for them a bit but that was mainly due to having a pack in the house. I threw them away and now it doesn't bother me so much. I have the occasional pang in the morning but a few tokes on a 36mg liquid does the trick.

Good luck with it Jimmy and let us know how you get on.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
I wouldn't bother to get loads of cartridges, you can refill the ones you get with the kit. It's worth just getting a couple of kits, that should cover you for spares and Pillbox has a good deal on 901s at the moment on ebay.

Lots of people stop smoking with ecigs but for some it takes a bit of time. It's much easier than other methods and some of us even like esmoking better than smoking.

Welcome to the forum, make yourself at home.

Jimmy S

Nov 7, 2008
Dublin
guys, what can I say, the most helpful, friendly people of any forum I have come across in sometime!! If you could just indulge me one more time...I will purchase two of the white e-mini starter kits from pillbox on ebay for 15.99 each, it doesnt say what strength the cartridges are though?? In addition to this, I should also get a spare atomiser and maybe that wicked liquid stuff and then I am set for a while, would this be the way to go then??

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Pillbox might combine postage costs for those kits if you send him a message, otherwise you'll have to pay twice on ebay.

I wouldn't bother getting another atomiser yet, you can always get one fast enough after you're sure esmoking is for you.

Cartridges don't usually taste the best and you'll want to refill so some eliquid is a good idea. Most people use about 2ml per day.

There are some handy tips here - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/2562-helpful-links-videos-new-user.html

And if you want to know what level of nicotine juice to buy this might help - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/nicotine/2789-eliquid-potency.html

scrubadub

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2008
London, UK
Glad to have been of help Jimmy. I'd just go with the two kits for now but just think of it as one device with a spare atomiser and a few spare batteries. If you find you're using it a lot then maybe order another atomiser.

I just checked the carts I got with those kits and they are mixed strength so give them a go and see which you prefer, then order some liquid. Pillbox delivers very quickly normally next day.

MrFog

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
Midlands UK
Be warned that different flavours will make the experience completly different each time. Be adventurous and try new stuff out if you don't like it straight off. Gotta be better than the dirty fags anyday eh? My own recomendation is coffee. Its such a subtle flavour that complements smoking so much I think, its easy and delicate on the palette without losing too much flavour, though its not overpowering either. Horses for courses dude. :)

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
Guys, many thanks for the fast and very helpful replies, you guys crack me up so much!! I guess after a while you build a collection of these things and you find your own preferable brand. I like the sound of the 901, I will go with that, so what do I need to get to keep me going for a while, apart from the basic starter pack? Do you guys stock up on cartridges to save on delivery?? Is this liquid just used instead of replacing cartridges?? Can I ask also, do you guys only smoke these now and not real cigarettes?? I guess you dont feel the need to abstain from a real cigarette now and again when you have one of these because you are not worried about the issue of smoking a pack a day or ruining your health?? Or do you tend to have periods where you put it away and smoke for real for a while?? Its all so intriguing to me!! With all the parts and extras you need to buy overtime, do you still save a fortune on real cigarettes?? One other question, just say I only want a few puffs at a time, can you just turn it off and on anytime you want??

By the way, I found this out by reading an article in my local newspaper promoting the Gamucci brand, to be honest, I just presumed they were the only ones who made them!!

I think I'm right in saying that most of the people here have given up "real" cigs completely, some do alternate.
Liquid is the way to go, buy a few carts then refill them, much cheaper.

There is no "off" switch on e-cigs, most are automatic, just draw and they are on only while drawing, same have a button you press when drawing, so there is no need to switch them off.

Jimmy S

Nov 7, 2008
Dublin
Be warned that different flavours will make the experience completly different each time. Be adventurous and try new stuff out if you don't like it straight off. Gotta be better than the dirty fags anyday eh? My own recomendation is coffee. Its such a subtle flavour that complements smoking so much I think, its easy and delicate on the palette without losing too much flavour, though its not overpowering either. Horses for courses dude. :)

Im glad you posted that mate, I just emailed pillbox to ask him to get me coffee flavour, let you know what I think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread