newbie here with a few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

crabman

Jan 13, 2010
virginia
Hey guys, I'm new here and considering buying my first e-cig for a few different reasons. However I have a few questions.

1) Is there any smell to the smoke that comes out of an e-cig? If so, how does the smell compare to regular cigarettes in terms of strength and how long it lingers or sticks to clothes?

2) Can you refill the cartridges (I'm considering the DSE901), or do you have to buy new cartridges to fill?

3) I know that the websites say that a cartridge is comparable to a whole pack of cigarettes, but how long do they usually last for you?

4) What is the battery life like?

5) How long can you smoke an e-cig for? Is there any chance of nicotine poisoning? Have any of you ever felt lightheaded or nauseous?

6) Do e-cigs give you the same "buzz" that a regular cigarette give you?

Any help would be appreciated, anyone who can answer any of my questions would be a great help. I have been looking around this forum for a few days, I everyone seems very nice and friendly.

Thanks,
Chris

FadedLine

Dec 16, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Hey guys, I'm new here and considering buying my first e-cig for a few different reasons. However I have a few questions.

1) Is there any smell to the smoke that comes out of an e-cig? If so, how does the smell compare to regular cigarettes in terms of strength and how long it lingers or sticks to clothes?
It smells great! I think it smells like the flavor you're vaping. Nothing like the nasty analog smoke.

2) Can you refill the cartridges (I'm considering the DSE901), or do you have to buy new cartridges to fill?
Yes! They are refillable. I personally like to drip directly on the atty with an empty cart.

3) I know that the websites say that a cartridge is comparable to a whole pack of cigarettes, but how long do they usually last for you?
When I was filling carts I think I would get around 10-15 good drags before I would top it off with more juice.

Battery life isn't the greatest on the stock slim sized batteries. But there are many battery mods out there that last a LONG time. I manly use the batteries on the road, and a USB pass thru when at home or in front of a comp.

5) How long can you smoke an e-cig for? Is there any chance of nicotine poisoning? Have any of you ever felt lightheaded or nauseous?
Not sure, I haven't experienced any symptoms, and have days where my e cig wont leave my hand.

Depends on the mg you use. But personally anything over 24mg for me gets me lightheaded.

Any help would be appreciated, anyone who can answer any of my questions would be a great help. I have been looking around this forum for a few days, I everyone seems very nice and friendl

Thanks,
Chris

Hope that helps some:thumbs:

soylent

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
cincy, oh

It smells like it tastes, but 100 times weaker. My friends only "catch" a smell every once and awhile. If you're in a small room, I could see it lingering for an hour.... maybe.

I'm not sure I know of anyone who says they don't refill even cartomizers (2 piece ecig).

I use the blue slug cart mod (good stuff) and can fit about 15 drops in which lasts 3 hours of heavy vaping. I would say it's more like 5-10 cigs.

1 1/2 to 3 hours on stock batteries depending on how much you vape. Mod batteries can last days.

Driving I sometimes vape almost non-stop for hours. I've only felt lightheaded twice and both times were when I got new flavors to try. I won't say you can't get nicotine poisoning, but you would have to try REALLY hard or do something incredibly dense.

same, no... buzz, yes. While there is nicotine in e-cigs, it's missing some of the other things that contribute to that buzz. So it's different, but still there.

Any help would be appreciated, anyone who can answer any of my questions would be a great help. I have been looking around this forum for a few days, I everyone seems very nice and friendly.

Thanks,
Chris

Good luck!

katkin

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2009
Cape Coral, Florida, USA

Chris

The vapor doesn't smell much or linger long but if you get to using the refill juice, I've noticed that if you spill some it lingers for quite some time (someone should look into selling the 0mg stuff as a room deodorizer). If you are looking for quick sneak-vapes in a non-smoking bathroom, though - I think you are safe. ;) (Just don't put out plumes of vape if the boss is in the next stall...)

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco
Thanks FadedLine! That was certainly helpful!

Does the smoke linger indoors, and stick to sleeves like analogs?

I would also love to hear any other opinions from any other members. Thanks again!

My wife has astima and the slightest smell of smoke can trigger an attack. She has no problems with the vapor from these.

soylent

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
cincy, oh
The vapor doesn't smell much or linger long but if you get to using the refill juice, I've noticed that if you spill some it lingers for quite some time (someone should look into selling the 0mg stuff as a room deodorizer). If you are looking for quick sneak-vapes in a non-smoking bathroom, though - I think you are safe. ;) (Just don't put out plumes of vape if the boss is in the next stall...)

There is story after story about people blowing huge clouds when they're supposed to be stealth vaping but no one is around, then BAM! someone comes around the corner into their fog and bad things happen.

However, I don't recall a single story of someone getting caught by smell. I mean no one is going to say.... "I smell watermelon, who's vaping?"

crabman

Jan 13, 2010
virginia
Thanks for all of the responses everyone! I just ordered a starter package from vaporkings.com, since they had what looked like the best deal I could find. I am really excited for it to get here. I have been using a lot of "analogs" lately and they smell of my own breath and clothes is beginning to bother me. Also, it's very cold here, so I can't wait to move indoors and stop smelling nasty. The mini DSE901 starter kit that I ordered comes with five sample cartridge, so I held off on buying more until I decide if I like it or not. How long would five cartridges last me (about a half-pack per day smoker)?

Thanks again for all of the responses, I will be sure to post my impressions when it arrives.

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco
Thanks for all of the responses everyone! I just ordered a starter package from vaporkings.com, since they had what looked like the best deal I could find. I am really excited for it to get here. I have been using a lot of "analogs" lately and they smell of my own breath and clothes is beginning to bother me. Also, it's very cold here, so I can't wait to move indoors and stop smelling nasty. The mini DSE901 starter kit that I ordered comes with five sample cartridge, so I held off on buying more until I decide if I like it or not. How long would five cartridges last me (about a half-pack per day smoker)?

Thanks again for all of the responses, I will be sure to post my impressions when it arrives.

Well I vaped all the starter carts up the first day. You only get about 12 hits off each one, do not thow the carts away when they are empty, you can top them off with any juice you buy. When you first get one of these it is easy to get caught up in the novelty of them. I think you should order at least 10ml soon. Also the juice that is in the pre filled carts really isnt all that good. 3ml e-Juice bottle KeyChain - $2.30 : StrictlyEjuice.com, Flavor Shop!

These guys have the cheapest prices on dekang juice in the US that I know of since I think Robs prices are high on juice. For the price Vaporkings sells juice at you can get juice from www.tastyvapor.us that is Americian made and some of the best juice available IMHO. Other Americian made juice that is awesome is available at www.myfreedomsmokes.com who are having a sale right now. Other places that have Americian made juice are Nhaler, Ms Ts, and dawnsdiyshop Happy Vaping to you.:D:D:D;)

Last edited:

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco
Vaporkings Are A Good Company...Fast Orders Too, Got My First E-cig From Them & No I'm Not An Employee

I never said they werent actually I think Rob is a great guy, fast shipping, prod is what he says it is. However dekang juice is dekang juice and I can get it for much cheaper so if I want dekang thats what I do. Anymore I make my own juice but if I were buying juice tastyvapor beats dekang hands down.

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco
Alright, I just ordered two 10ml bottles of e-juice (Kona Coffee and Orange) as well as some blue foam to get free shipping. So far I have spent about as much as I would on a month of smoking so hopefully I like this and it pays off for me.

Well if you dont like it you can sell it on the classified ads here. Do know there is a learning curve to using these so feel free to ask questions and do as much research as you can while waiting for your stuff.

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco
Thanks brewster! One more quick question though. When the nicotine levels are listed a 12mg, 18mg, 20mg, etc... what is that amount of nicotine in? Is is per hit, per bottle, per cartridge? Sorry, my engineering background is getting the best of me and I can't seem to find the answer to this one.

Dvap oooh Dvap where are you? Dvap is a chemist that frequents this forum. I believe it is a percentage per volume. Anyways post this question in the new member section maybe Dvap will answer it or after you have 15 posts PM Dvap cus he's way more knowledgable then me in this dept.

420GypsyGirl

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2010
Near a beach in a desert.
I think it all depends on the person and their taste. I like the juices from vaporkings.com. I also like Tasty Vapors stuff and Vapor4life and I also like mixing my own...some of mine is way better than the stuff I buy. I think it is because it is freshly made and has not sat on a shelf for 2 or 3 months. Plus I can cut it how I like it. Again it is a matter of preference I think. Some like chocolate, some prefer vanilla sorta thing.

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco
I think it all depends on the person and their taste. I like the juices from vaporkings.com. I also like Tasty Vapors stuff and Vapor4life and I also like mixing my own...some of mine is way better than the stuff I buy. I think it is because it is freshly made and has not sat on a shelf for 2 or 3 months. Plus I can cut it how I like it. Again it is a matter of preference I think. Some like chocolate, some prefer vanilla sorta thing.

Well Tasty Vapor doesnt sit on a shelf you actually can have it made to order. I would actually be shocked if anyone preferred dekang to Tasty Vapor but you never know. One thing I do know is Dekang is Dekang whether you get it from eastmall, heavens gifts, madvapes, Vaporkings, ect ect Dekang juice is Dekang juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread