A few Vapor King Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

windwalker

Unregistered Supplier
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan USA
www.akstonhughes.com
Okay, I've got a few questions for some knowledgeable people, I'm just learning abotu modding and about to pick-up a Pro-Vari or ProVape1...

Right now, I use Vapor King and am pretty happy with them...

I really like the whole cartomizer concept, and don't mind refilling them - rather than having to drip on an atty... Maybe I don't understand how people use the atty's?

Anyways, here's the questions:
1. What thread pitch is a Vapor King Cartomizer? (ie. 901, 801, 401, 4081)
(I need to buy and adapter with the Provape and want to make sure I get the right one)

2. What impedance are they?

3. With the Vapor King USB Pass through, what Voltage is it?

4. With regualr Vapor King Batteries, what Voltage are they?

Okay, that's it, those are my questions :) Everyone seems to talk in terms of voltages and impedance and identifying numbers for adaptors, carts, and atty's - so I'm trying to learn the terminology by starting with what I've got! But I can't seem to find it anywhere!

I really appreciate the help!!!
And I

Eclipsed1770

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
South Carolina
I'm really suprised dormouse hasn't answered. I believe the Vapor King is from V4L which would make it an 808 connection. The standard cartos are 2.8ohm and the battery voltage starts at 3.7v and degrades with use. I could be wrong and I would trust dormouse's answer over mine.

Edit: as far as the passthrough I have no idea.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Stop.

Which Vapor King? There are at least 2. Where did you buy it? One is 510, one is KR808D-1

I have the Vapor4Life Vapor King, a KR808D-1 (aka 808 in the terms of adapters)
You can get adapters at Goodprophets, Altsmoke, Madvapes and more

Vapor4Life/KR808D-1 batteries are true 3.7v batteries

The Vapor4Life cartos
Coolcarts are 3.4 ohm and good for the 5v passthrough (I liked them on the batteries when my nicotine was higher)
WOW cartos are 2.5 ohm (which is about as low as you should go on a slim battery)

Last edited:

windwalker

Unregistered Supplier
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan USA
www.akstonhughes.com
Wow! Great answers - Thank you so much...

@Dormouse - Okay, it looks like mine is the same as yours (I think) they're from Vapor 4 Life...
and that makes a lot of sense if the passthrough is 5v, because it does seem to hit much better than the batteries...

Are you sure the Vapor4Life passthrough is 5v?

I'm trying to get start with modd'ing, and I was going to buy a 3.7v Provape - because I figured my passtrough (it really is a better hit than on the batteries) - was a 3.7 just like the 808batteries... But if you're sure about the passthrough being a 5volt (I can't find that info anywhere other than here!) than I'll look at getting a 5v mod... (why are they so much more pricey?) - - -

Anyways, thanks for the answers all three of you, I really appreciate it!
I have a lot of insight into the chemistry - but hardly any knowledge on the hardware Electronics side of things :)

Dormouse - Do you have a 5 volt mod? Do you have one to recommend? The provari's are out of stock, and only the 3.7v is available...

Thanks again all!

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Windwalker sir, the v4l pt is 5v, as long as you have it on an outlet rated for the proper 2 amps output as well. The v4l batts themselves start at 4.2v, then work their way down to 3.7 and lower with use (they're unregulated batts). The king diamond and stealth series hold their voltage better than any previous kr808's before them. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread