Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
what i am saying is the stomach and lungs are both quite capable
of handling undesired components in there own way to a certain
extent.to imply that something we eat will be harmful if we breathe
is not necessarily true. every time we smell anything edible we are
getting particles of whatever we are smelling into our lungs.
to surmise this in and of itself is potentially harmful is a gross
over statement.
:2c:
regards
mike
SiO2

Tony16

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
I think this is a great picture to argue the fact against anti-vapers who use the argument about the "chemicals" that are in e-juice, and say your vaping antifreeze.most of us know there may be a difference with inhaling and potential problems . Preaching to the choir. Lesser of two evils. We take risks everyday and do things unhealthy, at least most of us. Shouldn't eat fast food for example raises risk of heart disease and stroke but business is still booming.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
I LOVE this post!!!!
I like to play the ANTZ game and beat them at it LOL.... Here's a post I made to a couple of anti vaping groups...
==========

An awesome little bit of facts!!

Now, keep in mind here that vaping flavor liquids contain only four ingredients: Propylene Glycol, Vegetable Glycerin, nicotine, and food grade flavoring.

Now.... Here's the ingredient list from Vick's Pediatric Vapors:
Naphthyl Acetate, Rosaphen, Isoborneol Crystals, Lavandin Grosso, Ethyl Linalool, Tetrahydromuguol, Dihydromyrcenol, Camphor Powder, Tetrahydrolinalool, Rosemary Oil Spanish, Eucalyptus Oil, Dipropylene Glycol.

Did you know that Camphor is used in explosives? It's true, look it up. Did you also know that Camphor produces symptoms of irritability, disorientation, lethargy, muscle spasms, vomiting, abdominal cramps, convulsions, and seizures and is potentially lethal? Again, it's true, look it up.

Do you know what Dipropylene Glycol is? Here's what it is used for:

High-volume plasticizer
Reactant in unsaturated polyurethane resins, adding flexibility and hydrolytic stability
Initiator in urethane polyols, and as the polyol itself in some rigid polyurethane systems
Reactive diluents in radiation-cured resins and coatings, cutting viscosity and enabling easier application

Other effective uses of DPG are:

Hydraulic brake fluid formulations
Cutting oils
Textile lubricants
Printing inks
Coatings
Industrial soaps
Solvents for agricultural chemicals such as insecticides

Applications

Urethanes
Paint and Coatings

Now tell me.... Would you want your child breathing in the vapors from Vick's vapors??? Looks to me like e-cigarette vaping is a lot safer.

paidtoVAPE.com - Google Slides

===========================

I then sat back for a couple of days and watched the folks freak the H E double hockey sticks out over the mass poisoning of children with these vaporizers LMAO. Once I felt these folks had been sufficiently stirred into a frenzy bad enough to want to hang the makers of Vicks Pediatric Vapors I came back in and posted links to the true facts about the ingredients, which show that while everything I said in my post was 100% true, there is an infinitesimal chance of anyone actually dying or being harmed by Vicks Pediatric Vapor products. I then said "this is how easy it is for people to be mislead by smoke and mirrors and big fancy scientific words, half truths, and twisting of facts when you don't do your own research on an issue. This is exactly the same smoke and mirrors, misinformation tactics the government, heath organizations, and big tobacco and big drug companies are using against vaping. Do NOT trust these people for the truth folks, do your own research and dig deep for the truth!!!!"

I then posted links to many various studies that contained the truth about vaping and invited them to educate themselves beyond the lies that have been told.
Within an hour of me making my second post both of my posts were deleted and I was banned from the groups.......

You almost make me want to carry the Vick's Pediatric Vapor in my purse to confront my brother-in-law (who still smokes even after heart surgery BTW) when he tells me vaping is bad "because the doctor on TV said so." I would do it were it not for the fact that Vicks Vaporub was an inch away from me divorcing my husband. He bathes in the stuff when he has (or thinks he has) a cold and I can't stand the smell - makes me want to puke. :D

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
And what about trade secrets?

Hmmmm, two ways I could take this post:

1. You picked up on my sarcasm regarding another thread and added to said sarcasm.

or

2. You made a serious retort to my attempt at sarcasm to which I can only request a "sarcasm" emoticon I can include with future sarcastic posts to avoid further confusion.

Either way, I am good as I concur with your added sarcasm and answered your serious question. :)

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Hmmmm, two ways I could take this post:

1. You picked up on my sarcasm regarding another thread and added to said sarcasm.

or

2. You made a serious retort to my attempt at sarcasm to which I can only request a "sarcasm" emoticon I can include with future sarcastic posts to avoid further confusion.

Either way, I am good as I concur with your added sarcasm and answered your serious question. :)
Sorry do my dumbness.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
"Fluoride-free", as seen in the photo. That is essentially the key difference between toothpaste for adults and toothpaste for toddlers...for the exact reason you mentioned.
Sorry - didn't really look. That makes sense. But I'm sure a LOT of people have no idea and give their toddlers whatever brand of toothpaste without checking for fluoride.

Reactions: Insomaniac10

schatz

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Tucson, Arizona , U.S,A
All the fighting to regulate e-cig by the regulateing agency that brought you a cholesterol reducing drug that lists lymphoma and other various side effects.And now the media has finally come to the understanding that cholesterol might actually be good for you,infact is very necessary for our continued existense.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Here's a couple more: Children's Chloroseptic and Children's Advil

yjrZ98c.jpg

H1dfWku.jpg

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
All the fighting to regulate e-cig by the regulateing agency that brought you a cholesterol reducing drug that lists lymphoma and other various side effects.And now the media has finally come to the understanding that cholesterol might actually be good for you,infact is very necessary for our continued existense.
What? Are you sure? (sarcasm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread