A good chocolate juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circumspice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
God's Country
I've recently started taste testing different flavors of ejuice and probably have had an average experience. What I recently tried though was a terrible disappointment... I got some pre-filled chocolate carts and just didn't like it. The taste was like a chocolate hard candy, not like a candy bar. It's hard to define, but it had a sharp, sugary flavor... not the soft, creamy, cocao-y flavor that I wanted. It's sort of like the difference in taste between a chocolate Tootsie pop and a Hershey kiss. Any suggestions? Or should I give up on finding a true chocolate flavor?

Madame Psychosis

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
East Coast Gypsy
Agree with what KingKlick and Brittany said -- my general recommendation would be to try vendors who mix their own juice, like MyFreedomSmokes, DIYflavorshack, Ms. T's Bakery, TastyVapor, etc.
(Don't get me wrong, the mass-produced Dekang stuff is very good for some people in many flavors, it just has a poor record with chocolate.)

I'd try some "chocolate AND..." flavors (peanut butter cup, chocolate and caramel, mint chocolate, butterfinger, almond joy, etc.) in addition to a pure chocolate flavor...just because those seem to have a lot of success. I've liked those combo flavors best.

(This might be a related reason: I've been disappointed with the chocolate DIY flavors like Loranns or Capellas. It's always a very flat 'Tootsie' flavor, even unpleasant. Maybe full chocolate flavor, unlike some other flavors, really requires fat - both because fat makes things tasty, and/or because cocoa butter (i.e. oil-based flavor compounds) is such a crucial component to making chocolate. It might be that other flavors are needed to balance out and enrich the flat chocolate flavoring.)

I wouldnt go with besteciggy or dekangs chocolate juice. They dont taste anything like chocolate

BestECiggy's "Chocolate" is exactly (in my opinion) a Toostie Roll ... BUT, I am hearing RAVE reviews about MyFreedomSmokes ... and He just announced a 25% off sale!

Circumspice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
God's Country
BestECiggy's "Chocolate" is exactly (in my opinion) a Toostie Roll ... BUT, I am hearing RAVE reviews about MyFreedomSmokes ... and He just announced a 25% off sale!

The Tootsie Pop flavor is exactly what I DON'T want in a chocolate juice. To me it has a hard candy, sugary, yucky flavor. Like one poster pointed out, maybe it's the fat in chocolate (cocao butter) that gives it the good flavor. Maybe I'll never find a great chocolate juice... :cry:

jongleur

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2009
Southern CA
If you go down one or two topics, there is a review of MFS Chocolate juice. Sounds good! I ordered it as well, I'll let you know.:)

Don't give up, samples of juice are cheap, and there are SO MANY vendors to choose from.

Good point about the cheap prices --as poor as I am...

But so far, every chocolate I've tasted so far is something of a _milk_ chocolate.

Does anyone here have a recommendation for a chocolate that actually tastes like, oh, a 70% dark chocolate -- maybe even a baker's square-type chocolate?

I'm imagining the perfect vape: and that would be be a straight non-filter Camel with just a hint of straight cocoa. I would even accept a "semisweet" chocolate, if it really came forth like semisweet chocolate chip.

Ideas?

--John

Dec 24, 2009
CN
  • Deleted by j0ker
  • Reason: Spammer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread