Status
Not open for further replies.

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
I am having a problem with a brand new eRoll that I just got on Friday...the PCC is fully charged but when I put a battery in to charge there's no blue light. If I put the same battery in my daughter's PCC, it lights up just fine.

I've got the same problem with both batteries...:mad:

Anyone else ever have this problem?

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I have one like that right now. Just put in a trouble ticket (not the same vendor). PCC will not charge any batteries.

.......and no lights when placing uncharged battery into PCC case (should turn blue on that side with eRoll batt in there.

I'm sure out of hundreds of thousands of PCCs and charger cables, there's bound to be some no good. It may even be the charger cable that came w/this particular eRoll kit.....if the charger cable isn't charging the PCC, then the PCC can't charge the little eRoll batts. Unlike you I don't have a 2nd set to test on.

"Sales final" to me means: if you change your mind about something, don't like something, etc. That purchase is on you.

But *DEFECTIVE* merchandise? Nope, I don't accept defective merchandise, and pay for it. :) EVER. ;)

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
Good point on the 'I don't like it' vs 'defective' thing, Racehorse. FWIW My charger cable seems to be working just fine, though. When I first plugged it in it went red and then to green, so I think daleron is right about it not making contact. I'm wondering if there's some kind of adjustment that would help with that.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Adjustment to the PCC you mean? That PCC is a whole electronic product, I would not be interested in messing around with 1000mah lithium battery thingie. Also, I mess around with my old stuff. New in package stuff I don't mess around with. I put in a trouble ticket if it doesn't work properly.

Look, the Reason why joyetech is expensive is because they provide their vendors with a warranty. The vendor can pass that on to you.

Some people don't realize this....I've been thru all this, and back again.

A good vendor knows this, or will even tell you this, and of course, they will replace bad stuff (even if not joyetech, but especially Joyetech).

by the way, that "sale" where you mentioned wasn't cheap. I looked. Gosh.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
You said your daughter has a PCC your batts turn blue on. What happens when one of her partially drained batts is put in your PCC? If its boiling down to batts not making contact in the PCC, try putting another tank... one of your daughter's on your batt... maybe they're slightly longer than yours to push harder against the PCC contact point. If that still doesn't work try putting a piece of cardboard or something you can cut to fit to wedge above the tank mouth part and push harder on the PCC contact point. If its not pressure that's the problem, then the contact area is bad internally and its a DOA. No way I would accept a no replacement if DOA... most vendors give a two week period for DOA returns.

Last edited:

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
You said your daughter has a PCC your batts turn blue on. What happens when one of her partially drained batts is put in your PCC? If its boiling down to batts not making contact in the PCC, try putting another tank... one of your daughter's on your batt... maybe they're slightly longer than yours to push harder against the PCC contact point. If that still doesn't work try putting a piece of cardboard or something you can cut to fit to wedge above the tank mouth part and push harder on the PCC contact point.

Good ideas, patkin, but I didn't have any luck with them.

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
Adjustment to the PCC you mean? That PCC is a whole electronic product, I would not be interested in messing around with 1000mah lithium battery thingie. Also, I mess around with my old stuff. New in package stuff I don't mess around with. I put in a trouble ticket if it doesn't work properly.

Look, the Reason why Joyetech is expensive is because they provide their vendors with a warranty. The vendor can pass that on to you.

Some people don't realize this....I've been thru all this, and back again.

A good vendor knows this, or will even tell you this, and of course, they will replace bad stuff (even if not joyetech, but especially Joyetech).

by the way, that "sale" where you mentioned wasn't cheap. I looked. Gosh.

I will contact them tomorrow for a replacement...you don't think $38.95 is a good deal on a eRoll kit? That's the best price I've seen. If you know where there's a better deal, let me know - especially if Pink Spot doesn't work with me on this one.

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
So I called Pink Spot and they're sending me a replacement - This was my first order with them and I've got to say I'm impressed...There was a very nice, handwritten, note on my original invoice and they didn't give me any problem with replacing it and even said it would ship today. Can't ask for more than that..:D

I went through the same thing. My first PCC was DOA, it would charge the erolls only when plugged in. I called the vendor and had a replacement PCC in under a week. They didn't ask for the old one back, I'm guessing the shipping from me and back to the vendor wasn't worth the replacement costs to them. I like to tinker with these things and holding onto it for "parts" if/when my other goes bad.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
The only DOA I've ever had was, like I said, from Smoktech (the store) and was on sale. Researching showed they knew about the button problems with the item as most everyone (but me LOL) did so that's why it was on sale for sure. Anyway, the return shipping and reshipping something to replace it cost me more than the item did. Now I don't buy from a vendor unless they state on their site that they pay shipping for DOA returns and I'll never do business with them again. I think if we don't demand ethical treatment from these vendors we won't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread