A little help with a snus order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
There you are Twisted. I was wondering when you would make an appearance here. I have noticed that some of the larger portions have 24 portions in a can and was a little curious why the minis only have 20.

That question has been ask over at snuson and Swedish Match said

The production cost of minis and standard size portions are roughly the same. There is fever portions in each can because of consumer insight studies that told us that the mini consumer were using less portions.

I kid you not. That's what they said. You're not the first or the last to complain.

This is the tread

SnusOn.com - Snus Forum :: View topic - Why are minis full price?

Suds

Jan 15, 2010
Foxboro, MA
Wow, after enjoying the Mini Mints and Frosted Minis the last few days, I decided to try a General Onyx that I also received with my getsnus order (they looked too cool not to).

Went out with the wife and had a few beers and what not, came home and had enough balls to try one. Definitely an acquired taste. VERY citrusy. I toughed it out, but can't see myself using these very often...8-o

I still have unopened cans of General Original and General White. Will I be as shocked trying these as I was with the Onyx? Thanks...

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Wow, after enjoying the Mini Mints and Frosted Minis the last few days, I decided to try a General Onyx that I also received with my getsnus order (they looked too cool not to).

Went out with the wife and had a few beers and what not, came home and had enough balls to try one. Definitely an acquired taste. VERY citrusy. I toughed it out, but can't see myself using these very often...8-o

I still have unopened cans of General Original and General White. Will I be as shocked trying these as I was with the Onyx? Thanks...

Hey Suds
Haven't had the Onyx, the Original and White are the same snus actually. The Original portion has had an extra step in manufacture, it has been pre-wetted with a "tobacco" liquid. This step is omitted with the White portion.

Flavor will hit faster with the original, citrusy bergamot, salt, pepper and tobacco.

Suds

Jan 15, 2010
Foxboro, MA
Thanks for the reply OTD. I noticed the difference between the Mini Mints (white portion?), and Thunder Frosted (original portion?), but was just wondering if the regular Original/White were as powerful tasting as the Onyx, which I believe is actually a White portion, lol.

I don't want to open too many at once considering the exp dates, but will try the others eventually. I imagine I'll probably end up sticking with the flavored minis, being the wimp I am, but will probably try a lot of the others just out of curiosity...:confused:.

The adventure continues...

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
The Thunder Frosted Mini's are a keeper for me. A lot of goodness packed in that little portion. Suds, I don't like that traditional flavor either, and the white portions are as potent as the "wet" ones when they become wet. If you'd like something that tastes like tobacco, try the Lab Series 01 (8mg nic) or 02 (13mg nic). Its mild tobacco with a slight nutty undertone and goes with about anything you drink...coffee, beer, whiskey, water, soda pop.......

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
I don't want to open too many at once considering the exp dates, ...

That's more of best by date. I've got several open at any given time ao I can rotate flavor and nic strength. I keep them in a zip-lock bag in the fridge. No problemo.

Rule of thumb from those who have been using snus for awhile, seems to work well, is refridgerate the can if you won't use it completely in 1 to 2 weeks.

Long term, freeze em.

Just make sure the cans are air-tight so they don't dry out too much. I've quite a few in the freezer myself. I wrap each can in saran and then place in a zip-lock freezer bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread