Status
Not open for further replies.

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
I don't like that I always have to ask for help with something new!! I thought I was getting the hang of all of this--then something else that seems simple is complicated.

I ordered a Beauty Ring and an End Cap for my Provari-- Of course very easy to put on--

Got it all set up longer battery fully charged and it won't fire. I finally determined that it wasn't a problem with the battery--but the Beauty Ring.

I am using a Protank 2--but tried a vivi nova and a Davide and none of them work--

What am I doing wrong here????:blink:

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
I don't like that I always have to ask for help with something new!! I thought I was getting the hang of all of this--then something else that seems simple is complicated.

I ordered a Beauty Ring and an End Cap for my Provari-- Of course very easy to put on--

Got it all set up longer battery fully charged and it won't fire. I finally determined that it wasn't a problem with the battery--but the Beauty Ring.

I am using a Protank 2--but tried a vivi nova and a Davide and none of them work--

What am I doing wrong here????:blink:

Is there any juice in the hole where the tank screws into the Provari? That happened to me once. I couldn't figure it out until I happened to see that the tank had leaked into it enough to stop it from making a connection.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Is it firing without the ring in place?

Doink - never mind, I just saw you posted that. I'm thinking Bad probably has it. I put charm rings on mine and if I put too many charms on it, it interferes with the contact. It had takes any extra space at all, but just enough the it won't make good contact.

Last edited:

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
Thanks for the responses-- I ordered the Brass set from Tatroe. A really nice set and it looks great on the Provari!
Makes sense that it is preventing it from making the connection--but it looks and feels as if it is. But is working without it on- I was 'hoping' it was something else!

I guess it may be time to try out a carto tank

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
For Protanks, I use charm rings to hide the space.

ugkq.jpg

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Thanks for the responses-- I ordered the Brass set from Tatroe. A really nice set and it looks great on the Provari!
Makes sense that it is preventing it from making the connection--but it looks and feels as if it is. But is working without it on- I was 'hoping' it was something else!

I guess it may be time to try out a carto tank

Well that is interesting, I have some tatroe tanks. (ss pro-tanks) and I would have thought that cig techs, would have made sure that they would work with the pro-tanks, and tatroe tanks. If I were you I would send them an e-mail, and see what they say. I was going to order some of those, after I pay for all the stuff I just bought.

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
I think I will send them an email --I just went back to their site and took a look again and they do promote these to be used with the Protank. I am wondering if their bottom cap would work??? I will let you know how they reply.

Well that is interesting, I have some tatroe tanks. (ss pro-tanks) and I would have thought that cig techs, would have made sure that they would work with the pro-tanks, and tatroe tanks. If I were you I would send them an e-mail, and see what they say. I was going to order some of those, after I pay for all the stuff I just bought.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I think I will send them an email --I just went back to their site and took a look again and they do promote these to be used with the Protank. I am wondering if their bottom cap would work??? I will let you know how they reply.

Well I do use those as well, basicly it is a ss version of the pro-tank cap, with better air flow design, the air hole is higher, so if you are having air flow issues too that could solve it. I don't have a pro-tank 2 though, I have not tried the cap on one.
Good luck, I must sleep.

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
This may or may not be helpful, because it sounds like you're committed to clearos. But with carto tanks you can screw the cart down to make positive contact, and then ever so slightly twist the tank up enough to get a little air flow.

In pic is TrevVapor ring, but same idea with most beauty rings.
5sviTvj.jpg

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
Do those work with the Protank? I have looked at Loki and am waiting on the brass to come back to stock for the Cingulum Compleo (they are supposed to notify me) so if those work there may be some hope to use the beauty rings with a clearo -

I love the Provari--but just wish it was more square at the top --:blush:--I know it doesn't affect performance at all but I like the way the beauty rings look!

I only have the Loki Labs ring and the ring from the Cingulum Compleo so I haven't seen the one you have up close and on a ProVari.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread