Status
Not open for further replies.

DiggerP

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
Louisiana
Hi all!

I am a noob to the PV - I have officially owned my first E-cig system for one week and I've been lurking for about 6 days of it here.

I was a 2-pad smoker and I did not purchase my PV to quit smoking. In fact, I had given up on that possibility! I had tried the patch (worst month of my life -- ate enough Jolly Ranchers to fill a truck). Tried gum (tasted horrible, did NOT work for me). Tried hypnotism (I'll spare you the details for now LOL). And, just a few weeks ago, tried the newest of the "miracle drugs" (not sure if I can mention the name in here) to ZERO effect (no side effects either... just plain did nothing except make my wallet considerably thinner).

So, I had given up on giving up. I heard a radio advertisement on e-cigs and thought, at the very least, it would be something I could use in my home office when my children were anywhere near. I would just use the e-cig as a crutch.

Last week I received my order from a major advertiser (not a forum supplier) with KR808D-1 manual and auto batteries, a few tobacco flavored cartos, charger etc. I was so excited (sarcasm) I didn't even open it until late that night and then just to charge the batteries.

The next night I took my first "hit" and coughed like I just smoked a stale analog after long airline flight LOL. It wasn't BAD bad, but it sure wasn't like a "real cigarette". It was at least tolerable. Figured I'd give it a try for an hour or so.

Saturday, I just wanted to see how far I would get before I truly NEEDED a REAL cigarette. I didn't need one the whole day! I accidentally lit a real cigarette that evening (was working on the computer and just grabbed one and lit it out of habit). Didn't realize I did it until the taste hit me... it was horrible!

Haven't touched an analog since. Not because I chose to quit, but because I honestly prefer vaping to smoking. I feel better since I am not smoking. I'm not hacking every morning, my sinuses have cleared up. I'm not saying my e-cig is designed for a health nut, but there is little doubt in my mind that it is 100 times better than an analog. I've read that it hasn't been the same for everyone here, but for me some of the benefits have been very real quickly.

I began to panic Sunday afternoon (all you old timers can start outright laughing at me now). I was counting my cartridges and trying to time how fast I could get more. If I needed nicotine, and I ran out of cartridges, I really didn't WANT an analog!

The anxiety grew - what if a battery goes faulty, doesn't charge, I lose electricity for charging, my supply is eaten by wild llamas LOL..... Back here to ECF to find suppliers and quick LOL!!!!

I placed a few orders among various suppliers and I have to give a DOUBLE thumbs up to both V4L and FreedomSmokeUSA. Both orders placed over the weekend and both have already arrived, packaged great, excellent value and quality. Each had personal touches and they both rank 10/10 in my category. Both of you rock. Well done.

Also, I've managed to fill a cartridge with both the condom methods and drip and shake without scarring myself for life (thanks to the info here at ECF).

Sorry for the novel... but I think I had to pack this whole week in one post so I can move forward LOL!

Bottom line - if it weren't for the expensive first supplier with national ads, I wouldn't have tried Ecigs. They gave me something that looked like a cig, tasted roughly like a cig and it got me "in the door." For that I am very grateful. They provided a decent product in a reasonable time. I probably could have bought it cheaper, but the extra is a drop in the bucket in the long run.

And then you folks at ECF have taken the ball and run with it. Through your help I have learned so much in such a short period of time. I have already introduced vaping to two other people (one is placing an order for his first kit!). So, thank you all very much for contributing all of this information for us noobs!

Finally, thanks to two dependable suppliers that tossed in a few "extras" with my orders. Yes, you BOTH are getting another order soon. That expresso-8 from V4L and the Cocoa Chaos from Freedom are incredible.

I think I'll have to start a noob's entirely opinionated and subjective flavor tasting review LOL!

P.S. The FDA can smooch my hindquarters. They need to keep their #$!# hands off PV's. After nearly 30 years of smoking tobacco cigarettes I have tried: cold turkey, patches, gum, hypnotism, books, health "kicks", pills (two kinds) All failed..

E-cig -- no intention to quit -- 48 hours after vaping - haven't touched an analog since and have no desire to.

[FONT="]{Current set up - 3 manual KR808 batteries, 1 auto battery, a bunch of different pre-filled and empty carto's, a couple of bottles of other flavors and my new personal favorite -- a USB Pass-through).[/FONT]

Rosco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
KCMO:>)
Way to go Digger. It sounds a lot like my experience. I had no idea I could squelch that craving without smoking a cigarette. After a solid 40+ years of smoking, once I started vaping, I was done with cigs. I also smoked 1 about a day after vaping. It tasted and smelled SO BAD! I can't believe I smoked those nasty azz things. Vaping has helped me when NOTHING else could. I also feel 100% better. I will fight and defend the right to vape to the end, and it looks like we might just have to do that.
Best of luck to you.:vapor:

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Well done and well spoken!!! I love reading posts like these!!! I figured I was a statistic in the making, no chance at quiting, and ended up quiting unintentionally. Took me a heck of a lot longer than it took you, but the results are the same. Analog free since late August. Started vaping in March. Took me a while to find what worked for me, and as I said, I figured I was a goner so I wasn't in a hurry to quit the analogs. Welcome to the ECF!!!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Grats!!!! And welcome!

I like FreedomSmokeUSA. I like the free samples they've included in my orders. Nice place and I like their juices. BTW their standard discount code is freedomsmokeusa for 10% off though it may not work if they are running a special sale. They run some amazing special sales and I think you can usually find out about them in their Supplier forum section on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread