A Massive Brick and Mortar Vent...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenna

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
Fairfield County, Ohio
I'm not going to name the store "chain" until I know if I'm allowed to do so, but I'd say if you really wanna know, PM me and I'll be happy to tell you where it was.
I'm going to find the place to change my profile info but contrary to what my avatar thing says, I'm not in Rhode Island, I relocated to Ohio a couple years ago, I just need to find where to do that lol
Anyway, so I live in an area with limited access to vape gear and juice. There is a small place about 10 mins away that is actually a smoke shop with a small vaping section. But a few weeks ago driving through town, I noticed a brandy new corner shop opening, and we pulled over to check it out right then and there. They were closed, so we peeked at the hours and through the windows and then were on our way, we were really excited to see this place opening so close to home! I looked them up online and was happy to see they had other stores, I took that as a sign of sucess and browsed some of the products they had available.
Fast forward, I'd been putting off going in until I had some play money because I knew they were going to carry things I'd not tried or seen before. Boy am I glad I did. I needed a new coil/head for my Vivi Nova S. I'd put some nasty juice in it that just would NOT come out aftertaste wise no matter what I did to it and if I could have avoided the wait time for shipping and having to buy a multi pack, I would have loved to.
So, not really expecting them to carry it but willing to try and see- I sent my husband in with my Vivi Nova to ask (we were running errands and I was trying to be quick). He comes out hardly a minute later with this look on his face, at first I thought he was laughing (I DID send him in with a tank completely encrusted in hand set Swarovski crystals and a hot pink drip tip afterall)... He wasn't laughing, he was in disbelief over the customer service... He went in and this one guy is working, no one else in the store, no acknowledgment, greeting, etc. So husband nicely asks him about the part and he literally looks up from reading with a sneer and says to my husband:
"We don't sell that inferior crap here." :ohmy: My husband was just taken aback and turned to walk out of the store as the guy says to him "You could try that cheap vape place down the road".

This is NOT about the product. It has nothing to do with the product at all. It was the way it was handled. I live in a smallish town with a large low income population (basically, this isn't going to be a big money maker here and they should be nice to the customers that do wander in). A simple "I'm sorry, we don't carry that." would have been great, we'd have been on our way and I would have re-visited the store another time for future purchases. But the way this was handled, I will NEVER go there again and considering we've spent about $500 in vape gear in the last 6 weeks, they just lost a lot of future sales. I was willing to shop there knowing full well they charged a decent amount higher for items than I could buy online just to support a local shop. Now I'm discusted. I can honestly say this is the first time we've ever run into someone in the "vape world" who was a total jerk. They can take their elitist BS and shove it.
On a happier note, we were both so ticked off by the incident that we decided to stop into the other "Cheap vape place" (the smoke shop) and ended up spending about a half hour there chatting with the two ladies there and taste testing juice (we'd been in once but not spent any real time there). We spent about $50 there, happily. They don't have much in the way of selection but they're working on it and they're nice people. We were happy to spend our money with them, even if they're not a dedicated "Vape shop", they were great. Sadly, they told us that about 5 other people have been in to them complaining of similar run-ins. :(
This just makes me so mad! I don't know what to do, I'm tempted to call the store or look for a contact place (since there are more than one, I'm thinking there may be a managment person to talk to or something).

Last edited:

minitater

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
tennessee
www.minitater.com
The business world, be it vape shops or anything else, have some folks who don't understand or care about customer service. For the most part, we as consumers can avoid these places. I understand if there is only one place in a town that sells what you must have, you may have to tolerate this crap, but the older I get the more I appreciate good customer service and I will take my business elsewhere if the owners or workers don't have any manners. We have all seen places go out of business due to poor customer service wether it is a B&M or online. Some people don't need to be behind the counter. Word of mouth will teach them a lesson!

buck naked

Nov 4, 2013
CA
PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A piss poor attitude towards a person coming into your establishment is just pathetic. No customers;no sales. No sales; no business! I worked in small business retail for about 25 years, and learned that everyone deserves to be treated politely and with respect UNTIL they show otherwise and then if it dosen`t go well politely and respectfully ask them to leave. Never, even if you believe it to be true, tell them their things are crap. I have a small `smoke shop` within walking distance of my house. Not a great selection of quality vape gear but its there if I have an emergency and because of poor customer service I choose to shop on the web or drive 30 to 40 min to one of two other vape shops that have a much better selection but only slightly better customer service. Treat people well and they will return again and again( hopefully spending more and more each time); treat them poorly and all your store will do is serve to remind them its time to order again so they dont run out of something and have to suffer darkening your door again. Philosophical rant over.
Shane

jp_cfc09

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
lost
honestly I would of knocked him out lol, I wouldnt let my boss even talk to me like that let alone a stranger. I agree that you should seek the owner and give him a ear full incase he doesnt know but if he does then never look at the place again and name and shame it. ive just found a great vape shop today but out of all the bad ones ive never had attitude like that. they were bad for lack of experience, products and decent service. ive been ignored but never told that by any if them, I donno maybe its because im blunt but id never stand for that and sure as hell would of put that guy in his place. its not like your asking for something stupid, I find the vivi nova to be a good clearomizer and even recommend by the best vape shop ive found. they arnt just a stupid vape shop, they sell original mods and rda runing up to £200 odd. the owner was even useing a innokin 134 with a vivi nova that had a blue coloured steel cover as he liked them so much and that mod goes for over £100 in shops here. must of been a prat who thought he was the bees and eess or something lol. :):):)

Jenna

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
Fairfield County, Ohio
honestly I would of knocked him out lol, I wouldnt let my boss even talk to me like that let alone a stranger. I agree that you should seek the owner and give him a ear full incase he doesnt know but if he does then never look at the place again and name and shame it. ive just found a great vape shop today but out of all the bad ones ive never had attitude like that. they were bad for lack of experience, products and decent service. ive been ignored but never told that by any if them, I donno maybe its because im blunt but id never stand for that and sure as hell would of put that guy in his place. its not like your asking for something stupid, I find the vivi nova to be a good clearomizer and even recommend by the best vape shop ive found. they arnt just a stupid vape shop, they sell original mods and rda runing up to £200 odd. the owner was even useing a innokin 134 with a vivi nova that had a blue coloured steel cover as he liked them so much and that mod goes for over £100 in shops here. must of been a prat who thought he was the bees and eess or something lol. :):):)

The whole thing aside, I was fairly shocked by the "crap" comment, I feel the Vivi Nova is great. I've got Kanger protanks (mini and regular), iClear 30 and 30B, and a few god-knows-what-named Carto's and the Vivi Nova and the iClear 30B are my favs, hands down, which would be pretty ovbious by the $30+ worth of crystals wrapped around the darn thing! lol Seriously shocked me.

Jenna

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
Fairfield County, Ohio
I'd email the main email contact and let them know they lost a customer before you even bought anything!

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

I just found them on Facebook and sent a message asking to speak with the owner. We'll see what happens.
Their FB page is current (had a post today) so I'd assume if I'm going to hear back it would be fairly soon.

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
I don't mean to downplay the lousy customer service here but why would you allow the attitude of a single, lone, renegade employee to discredit the entire vape chain? Were this the owner... you bet - by all means. If it happens every time - of course. But if it's just some dumbass who was there manning the register for your first visit there's an easy fix for that. You talk to the boss. And not via email... nor text nor a message on FaceBook. You pick up the phone and dial.

Just sayin'. :)

KurrptSenate

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
PA
I could understand black-balling a store over a negative experience, but it may have been due to just a person that shouldn't be in the retail business. The manager might not be aware of certain employees handling patrons in that fashion. It may be wise to try again to see if were an isolated incident and possibly relay that information to someone who could make a difference.

Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread