Status
Not open for further replies.

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Key West,Fl.
[h=5]From Sara @ Great Lakes Vapor. :)

Hi everyone my name is Sara and I am your contact @ GLV......... with this industry growth the last few years I want to just put out a little excerpt about our company for those that have joined the vaping community and may have some misconceptions of who we are and What it is we do here at Great Lakes Vapor
Jay is my Fiance (jaybird on the ECF) he is the one who designed the GLV lineup we have, we have several Mods that we offer to our customers. They are all GLV2's- GLV2 5V, GLV2 mini, GLV2 Super Mini, We also have two XL GLV2's that take the 18650 battery size, those are called the GLV2 XL mini OR 5V. They all have a native 510 connection and can use any atty or cart brand that has a 510 connection.
Our build shop is Located in Farmington Michigan, We are a Growing Family business that was previously run out of our home for several years then when we grew too big to build these from the house we found a spot that was conducive to both building the GLV's and had a small lobby for a few counters at the front of the shop. Jay handles the building and Powdercoat and I do the Phones/ Emails/ Ordering and front counter.
We do have a family member as an assistant who can help with the daily operations but for the most part you are ordering from a mom and pop custom e-cig manufacturer.
The phone number you will find for us is a cell phone it used to be Jays but now he has a new number, I am no longer able take the cell home after hours..... So after 5pm Eastern time during the week and after 3pm on Saturdays we will not have the phone in hand to answer calls or text, Sunday is our one day we are closed for Family time now that we have Noah, who will be two this March.

The GLV's that are ordered get added to the build list and given to Jay, This means that there are always GLV's being built but that you will have some sort of a wait for yours because of the others that are in line before you. I do my absolute best to stay as close to in order as possible and this is to stay fair to everyone that is waiting.
The GLV's come to us from a local precision machine shop as raw bare stock, they have no polishing done, no logo's etched are not powdercoated ect... they are completely raw stock.
When they come here they are placed into multiple vibro-tumblers for several days to bring them to high shine. After that process they are driven off site to the Laser Etcher and that is where the GLV logo is added to the headcaps that are polished. (Please note that full color requested units will not have a logo as it will be covered by the powdercoat) This is also the time that we meet the volume requirements at the etcher shop and any orders that have been in waiting for custom etching request will now make their way to the etcher shop.
When we pick the headcaps up from the etcher the production can begin here at the shop, Jay powdercoats first then can move onto headcap assembly. Units are made in batches and the size depends on volume at the time of your order.

When we say "owner built custom mod" we truly mean that your particular unit is raw stock before you order it, then we make it to your specifications. I think it is important to let people know our process to help them understand why the unit takes longer than something that is mass produced. Our Materials consist of high grade aluminum, military grade button, high grade protected batteries for added safety in addition to a large vent hole and headcap security features. We do also offer a lifetime repair warranty on all our GLV2 units weather purchased thru an authorized dealer or directly from us. There is no paperwork needed, all we ask is that you cover the shipping for your unit to be repaired both ways.

The GLVs are very important to us, We do this day in and day out, very rarely take time off of production and do our best to keep things moving a reasonable pace, We really appreciate you taking time to read about our company and if you do cheeos to order a custom made GLV2 from us you will receive personal service from either Jay or myself and you will have a PV that will last for a long time and should you need us in the future we are here to help.
In addition to contacting us directly, If you have additional questions, we have an online Admin Keyzy Girl Yerxa, She is our GLV Face Book and ECF Forum Support, she has a ton of experience with vaping and has many GLV's as well. She is a wealth of knowledge because of her experience in this industry and is online daily to help whenever possible to answer questions about the GLV to current or potential customers.
Thanks for your time
Sara@ GLV
[/h]

enoryt

Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
Orange County
Awesome stuff, Sara has been a pleasure to talk to and has held my hand all the way through the ordering process. Even though I am receiving my unit for free, she has been very responsive and has been very transparent through the process as well as being extremely personable. This has solidified me as a long time customer, and I am just currently just waiting on the unit. I think I speak for all GLV present and future owners, we appreciate what you do for this community and appreciate the time you take out of your day to take care of us. Providing a life time warranty, no questions asked on units is something shown by only the most caring companies, as well as a testament to your products. You guys are helping me on my mission to quit smoking and for that, I can't thank you enough! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread