• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

A New Heaven And A New Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Revelation Chapter 21

1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
21:5 He who was seated on the throne said,
"I am making everything new!"
Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."

Ok, so who is going to be living on this new earth? Do we get to pick if we want to live in heaven or earth?

Southern Gent

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Tennessee
Oh really? You don't believe that we go to heaven when we die? :confused:

and what will be of the new heaven and new earth? We know the old heaven and earth will be gone/burned up. Jesus said "I go to prepare a place for you". Where? He said "My Fathers house has many rooms/mansions/stations" If the heaven and earth that we know of now is "passed away", how is it that we can be there? Hence John says.."I saw a new heaven & earth"

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
and what will be of the new heaven and new earth? We know the old heaven and earth will be gone/burned up. Jesus said "I go to prepare a place for you". Where? He said "My Fathers house has many rooms/mansions/stations" If the heaven and earth that we know of now is "passed away", how is it that we can be there? Hence John says.."I saw a new heaven & earth"

I have no idea. But, I don't think the earth is going to be destroyed, I think the ungodly people and the corrupt evil system is going to be destroyed. I don't know what the new heaven is all about tho.

Southern Gent

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Tennessee
I have no idea. But, I don't think the earth is going to be destroyed, I think the ungodly people and the corrupt evil system is going to be destroyed. I don't know what the new heaven is all about tho.

(2 Peter 3) But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Notice that Peter is in agreement with John. And yes, the earth and heavens will be destroyed. This is not symbolism or metaphoric. Notice also that Peter does not say we look to going to heaven. He says we are looking to a new heaven and new earth.

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
(2 Peter 3) But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Notice that Peter is in agreement with John. And yes, the earth and heavens will be destroyed. This is not symbolism or metaphoric. Notice also that Peter does not say we look to going to heaven. He says we are looking to a new heaven and new earth.

By heavens you mean the earths atmosphere?

Southern Gent

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Tennessee
By heavens you mean the earths atmosphere?

There are 3 heavens:
Raqia--where birds fly
cosmos-space
and a 3rd heaven as Paul calls it--where God dwells "now".

Peter says "heavens" plural will be destroyed. He does not ticky tack with this or that. Peter says all "the elements" everything will be gone. Any doctrine that said otherwise is false. God will no longer dwell in the heaven in which He dwells now. He will dwell among us just as He did in the beginning. Remember God "walking" through the garden searching for Adam? God will dwell with His people.

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
There are 3 heavens:
Raqia--where birds fly
cosmos-space

Peter says "heavens" plural will be destroyed. He does not ticky tack with this or that. Peter says all "the elements" everything will be gone. Any doctrine that said otherwise is false. God will no longer dwell in the heaven in which He dwells now. He will dwell among us just as He did in the beginning. Remember God "walking" through the garden searching for Adam? God will dwell with His people.

Well, that's a new one for me, never heard that before.

Southern Gent

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Tennessee
Well, that's a new one for me, never heard that before.

It is in fact "all" the Bible says on the matter. The rest is sheer speculation and doctrine of men. Peter did not waver when the question arose. There was not this or that theory. Peter under the direction of the Holy Spirit tells us exactly how it will go down and what we as Christians are looking toward. It is a new heaven and earth. The very one that John clearly saw. It is what the Bible says.

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
I don't know, that whole thing just doesn't' sound right to me. :)

There are 3 heavens:
Raqia--where birds fly
cosmos-space

Southern Gent

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Tennessee
I don't know, that whole thing just doesn't' sound right to me. :)

Whether one believes it or not is quite irrelevant. It is God's word given directly through God's servant (Peter) and if God says it...it is true. Timothy was warned to be careful of fables and wives tales concerning matters of scripture. We need to do the same. It is what it is..especially if God says it is. Just because someone believes something or has been taught something does not make it accurate. It can only be accurate if God's word makes it accurate. This is what was said through God's servant. The choice to follow fables or God's word is entirely up to you.

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Whether one believes it or not is quite irrelevant. It is God's word given directly through God's servant (Peter) and if God says it...it is true. Timothy was warned to be careful of fables and wives tales concerning matters of scripture. We need to do the same. It is what it is..especially if God says it is. Just because someone believes something or has been taught something does not make it accurate. It can only be accurate if God's word makes it accurate. This is what was said through God's servant. The choice to follow fables or God's word is entirely up to you.

Well, all I can say is this. Whatever God's will is, my will is the same. Wherever He is, is where I also want to be, whether it's in heaven or on earth. I'll follow Him wherever He goes :)

Southern Gent

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Tennessee
Well, all I can say is this. Whatever God's will is, my will is the same. Wherever He is, is where I also want to be, whether it's in heaven or on earth. I'll follow Him wherever He goes :)

Wonderful & Amen.
We must remember to seek what God says concerning a matter or we will be "driven by every wind of doctrine". You have the right attitude: send me where God is!!

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
IMHO and from what I've read and studied, there will be a new heaven and a new earth. I think the reason for the new earth is plain. Most of it had been destroyed during the biggie war Armaggedon (SP). Most of it had been destroyed with nuclear missiles and the like. The radiation alone in the soil would be a biggie as you wouldn't want to grow anything much in it at first. Blood everywhere, body parts strewn everywhere because at the end, the blood will rise to the horses' bridles. Think about that! If I were in the middle of it, I could drown on blood. Blagh! But I will have my glorified body at that time and can do pretty much anything I wish, like flying around, walking through walls, etc. I don't know if the blood will get on us, but I imagine if we are close enough, it will.

God wants a new Heaven. This is my own opinion, but I would imagine that God the Father would want a new heaven because of satan's continuous visits, until God kicks him out for good 3 1/2 years into the Tribulation time. I guess it's like getting married to someone and having to live in a house where your husband used to live with his ex-wife. satan tainted it, and God wants to start over with a new Heaven and new earth.We all want better living conditions and houses. Hey, I want to fly through the rings of Saturn. They are just so pretty. I want to play a harp sitting on a cloud. Most people would gag at that. Not me! I think it would be so cooool! It's just a thought! :):):)

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
IMO the new Heaven will be on the new earth. It say's it comes down out of the clouds like a bridegroom. But thats after the old heaven and earth are gone. I believe what he's saying is you go to heaven, the earth is destroyed, not literally but all the people. Then when heaven comes to earth it will be new also because it will be on earth instead of where it is. That's just the way I took it to mean. One thing is for sure, when we die and go to heaven a veil will be lifted from our eyes and we will understand all things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread