A New Vaping Enthusiast Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmdebrecht

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
Part of the fun of vaping (and I think part of the reason it helped me quit the stinkies) is that it is just so much fun! It's like a new hobby, something new to learn about. So don't be ashamed that you may turn into a gear head. Obviously you are predisposed to liking shiny new things, so embrace it. And you can always justify your vaping purchases as an investment in good health and wellness. Besides, mods and whatnot are cheaper than a new guitar, or amp, or drum set....

Congratulations!

D0lfin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2011
Vancouver WA
Negative, and there is only one:

- When I went to a vapor shop and showed the owner what I've been using, he laughed. And as I've looked further into gear, there seems to be a type of phallic envy when it comes to vaping devices. I don't know. I mean, I have the desire to get a better setup for the sake of having a device that holds a longer charge, that has a greater level of longevity, and that has an aesthetic appeal, however, I don't want to be a gear head and get all Crocodile Dundeee on people and say, "That's not a mod; THIS is a mod." :) I've already been a gear head with music and recording gear before, so my hope is that I don't fall in love with shiny things that sustain my addiction.

Anyway, my name is Scott and I look forward to mingling with you all.

Hi Scott, Welcome to the forum! :laugh:

I hear you about the Never Enough vapers, but don't get the impression that all of us are constantly searching for the biggest/coolest set up. I started on a 510 with cartomizers, and around my 2 yr vaping anniversary upgraded to egos and evods (I'd 2nd PufZepplin's recommendation for evods), which I'm very happy with. I don't need a mammoth cloud or throat hit, as long as I've got a decent flavor going and a battery that lasts most of the day, I'm happy. Everyone has to find what works for them individually.

I think that while a desire to get off of analogs is what first makes many consider vaping, the fact that vaping is so customizable and "tinkerable" is what ends up sucking a lot of us into it. Some get wrapped up in mods, some (like me) into building coils, and some into mixing their own juice (also me). While I'm very comfortable with what I have for a set up, I've gotta give it up for the people who are never satisfied, as I've learned A LOT from their trials and errors/successes - not to mention saving a pile of cash by having a place to get great info and ask questions before buying something new!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and give you another positive for your list - vapers are some of the nicest people on the planet! I've never met one who wasn't, period. The people here on ECF are super helpful and many are wicked smart, JSYK. Enjoy! :toast:

wharr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Canton, Ga, USA
Hi Scott Welcome to ECF. As a new comer to vaping as well, I went with one that satisfied me for what it is intended to do and that is vape. There are so many different this and thats out there that you could spend thousands a day on the new great thing. I have made up my mind that if it works then its good for me.

Good Luck and again welcome to ECF

shelleyb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
rockville, MD
www.shelleybain.com
Hey Scott and welcome -- I'm new as well and totally agree that you just have to find what works for you. I'm not really concerned about someone having something bigger and better than me, what I want is something that keeps me from smoking and I've found it and have been off the analogs for over a week using Blu. I ordered an Ego C today, because I think in the long run it will be cheaper, and that's why I switched to e-cigs in the first place. I was smoking American Spirits and spending almost $8 a pack on a PAD habit. So, I'm not about the biggest and baddest, I'm about saving some money!!

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
Hello, everybody--

So, I'm a musician and was backstage at a venue in Detroit smoking a gas station disposable intermittently between chews and smokes since tobacco was prohibited. A musician from another band asked what I was puffing on; I told him, and then he turned me on to his setup--one that required refilling, recharging, yada, yada. I have some friends who have been using tank systems and mods for a few years, but I always thought they'd be a pain. Anyway, this musician sold me on the idea of trying something other than disposables, so I went to the website he told me about the next day and ordered a very basic kit: slim 808 batteries with small clearomizers, plus some juice. It came in a couple of days later, and my desire for tobacco died after the first puff.

It's been a month and I've made positive and negative observations along the way.

Positive:

- I no longer spend $350 on tobacco per month: 2 cans of chew per day, 2 packs of cigarettes per week, and disposable e-cigs when I couldn't chew or smoke.

- I'm no longer hacking and my inner lip is smooth again.

- And the rest: No more bottles of dip spit laying around, no smoke odor, hygiene is altogether better, and my expenses are way down.

Negative, and there is only one:

- When I went to a vapor shop and showed the owner what I've been using, he laughed. And as I've looked further into gear, there seems to be a type of phallic envy when it comes to vaping devices. I don't know. I mean, I have the desire to get a better setup for the sake of having a device that holds a longer charge, that has a greater level of longevity, and that has an aesthetic appeal, however, I don't want to be a gear head and get all Crocodile Dundeee on people and say, "That's not a mod; THIS is a mod." :) I've already been a gear head with music and recording gear before, so my hope is that I don't fall in love with shiny things that sustain my addiction.

Anyway, my name is Scott and I look forward to mingling with you all.

If what you have works for you!!!!
Well then it works for you.

If you went to this place for e-juice and he laughed at your set up, turn around ,and walk out laughing. He probably has over priced juice and gear anyway.

If you don't mind waiting, check out FastTech. Unbelievable prices on good juice and gear

Stay in Tune and
VAPE ON

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread