A place to consolidate and sticky long and informative posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

release the kraken

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Stalking the Mailman
First off this place is great and the mods really seem to be on the ball. Its super busy as I can create a thread and 5 minutes later its on page 3 and lost, but hey, not much anyone can do about that... :) One thing I think could be really really helpful is the consolidation of some posts. For example I wanted to find out about tobacco flavors today and this thread came up first http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-liquid-discussion/274904-natural-tobaccos.html Im sure it has all the information I need in it, but seriously, almost 15,000 posts? there is no way I can root through that and probably most people aren't going to read the whole thing either. Thus if people post in it, a lot just gets doubled up make it even bigger and more intimidating. Second people will just ignore it and start making new threads and more new threads and more new threads. Maybe something similar to the ECF Library, but called ECF's Most informative threads. I don't really know a true solution, but it would be helpful to take these types of threads and create a knowledge base with them. Thanks for listening...

release the kraken

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Stalking the Mailman
You can subscribe to a thread and it will be remembered in your Subscribed Threads list. If you need to find something specific in a long thread, you can search within the thread itself. Just open the thread and at the top on the right, you'll see the search thread link.

Ha, as that thread grows I really dont think i want another 10,000 posts showing up in my subscriptions thread. Yeah, I have been using forums for many many years and am a master at the advanced search :). But when people are explaining things, and lots of conversations going on, searches may not return full conversations depending on if someone replied with quote vs not. Im just trying to make a small little feedback that could be very helpful to many as well as cut down on tons of unnecessary threads and duplications. Cleaning some of those big threads would have a bit of a snowball effect and by cutting down those duplications Definitely not complaining at all. This is a great place to be... :) And one of the best run forums with the best members.

release the kraken

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Stalking the Mailman
Regardless of what the staff implements to make things easier, you'll always have people asking how to do something or where to find things. It's the nature of the beast. And that's all I'm gonna say about the matter. :D
I fully concur and having modded multiple forums I know only too well. This is probably the busiest forum I have ever been on with such an abundance of data, I wanted to recommend an approach I took with another forum and that's by taking these "super" threads cleaning them up and or extracting out the good bits and creating a knowledge base. Of course once something has gone 15k posts, that would be a full time job in itself. But if my comments spark some ideas with the mods, I am just throwing them out there. Again, not complaining what so ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread