A problem about the taste while and after vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

chatbaran

Jan 9, 2021
I've been using uwell caliburn for 3 months without a single problem like 7-8 months ago. But then a problem occurred which made me taste really bad while and after vaping. I tried new cartridges, new liquids, new flavors but none of them solved my problem. The problem is it tasted so bad like very sour taste. Before it happened, the taste was beginning to feel like spit. then it turned to a sour taste which even if I brushed my teeth after only one puff, it didn't go away. so I had to quit vaping and turn back to smoking. Now I bought smok nord 2 and the spit like taste came in after 20-30 puffs. I'm afraid I will experience the same things again. By the way I know it wasn't just tasting nothing because it was really awful. I tried licking lemon for a very long time without vaping, used mouth wash and everything but it didn't solve my problem. Even after I quit vaping, normal cigarettes started to taste sour too for a while. If the problem occurs again do you have any suggestions to fix it?
Note: I %100 believe it isn't caused by mouth hygiene because I'm already sensitive about my mouth hygiene and I also drink a lot of water everyday.
Also one of my friends tried taking some puffs with another cartridge from the same uwell caliburn when i had the problem but they didn't have any taste problems.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
It could be that what you're tasting is the PG. I've found that it lingers on my tongue long after I vape. Brushing or mouth wash would likely not help, as the tooth paste and wash also likely contain PG.
I've resigned myself to it being better than getting used to the taste of tar constantly on my tongue. Maybe it's something else for you, a metal sensitivity to something in the coil perhaps?

• Agree
Reactions: Superuser187

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
The fact that u quit vaping and then experience the same with normal cigarettes is what makes me wonder....how many days after quit vaping did this happend?? Hmmmm weird...

Also I guess if u had an allergy how could show up after 3 months??? I don't know...

Was it maybe something else u used to eat or drink that period of time that u we're vaping ???

I had trouble with pg and started using juice with 20% of lower pg....dry mouth and swollen gums

U could try lower your pg or stop vaping nic salts maybe....or change coil to use other metal wires....but u can't do with that device tho....
I guess u could try vape juice with freebase nicotine instead of salts now and see if it tastes better???...
then u need different device to be able to vape high vg juice I think this can't handle it...

BTW yes as highstated sais.... Oh boy I smoke a puff from a cigarette just to remember how it was...dam I can't even smoke one cig now....it's horrible....and I am vaping only 6 months....cigs are the worst and I wonder how I was I a cigarette lover lol

• Agree
Reactions: HigherStateD

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Welcome to ECF, chatbaran. I hope you find a resolution for this. At least you have found that this happens with cigarettes too. So, even though I'm not a doctor or any kind of medical professional, I would advise you to not smoke any more cigarettes.. :cool:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    I've been using uwell caliburn for 3 months without a single problem
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    Might like to read:
    Section 2: Vaping-related issues, V6. 'Menthol Mouth', 'Vaper's Tongue'
    re:A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette
    "Flavorings that contain EM can give you vaper's tongue."
    VAPER MOUTH/Touge
    Bits of croissant followed by a mouthful of distilled water, then spit out after swishing is said to refresh the pallet. Bread absorbs flavors, saltines can be used to stimulate taste buds back to normal. Malt vinegar mouthwash it's said to clean the palate, then vape right away. Orange juice works for me to clean the vaping palate. I guess it's the citric acid. A large table spoon of peanut butter always works. Failing that, 5 crackers BUT you have to eat them within a minute!! Brush your tongue with a soft toothbrush and sip water while you vape. Some people say sipping lemonade also helps.
    Arm & Hammer Dental Care Fluoride Toothpaste is suppose to prevent vaper mouth. (re: http://forum...................../t/toothpaste-that-can-prevent-vapors-tongue-vapors-fatigue/179186).

• Useful
    Reactions: HigherStateD
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread