Status
Not open for further replies.

UnclePsyko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
PJNY
It usually depends on what you are vaping juice wise. there are juices that vape really clean and you can go for days, even weeks. Then there are high VG liquids that can clog pretty quickly due to the thickness (Viscosity) of the fluid... and then there's NET's. Naturally Extracted Tobacco is my personal favorite, but I usually need to clean the wicks after every tankful along with a dry-burn. So, high PG liquids that are on the clear side vape clean and usually don't clog up as much, high VG and/or darker liquids usually clog more frequently and many NET's clog unbelievably fast, in my limited experience.

Kellycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Cary, NC, USA
I vape 60/40 and 50/50 in a Protank on the same head for well over a month now, with occasional rinsing and dry burns. Same with my Evods, just a hot-water rinse and maybe a dry burn. Even on darker juices I still get a ton of run-time and have never actually HAD to replace a head, I just rotate heads once in a while if I don't feel like cleaning the current one after a strong juice. That's a 1.8ohm head at 4 volts on a Twist, and sometimes higher when I was using them on my Vamo.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Hi,

I am running my Protank 2 on a vision-style twist 1100mah. Currently, my heads are barely lasting a week before I need to clean and dry burn them. I tend to run between 4.2 and 4.5 volts. My juice is 50/50. Is this 'normal'?

Thanks

If you're getting a week without severely diminished performance, you're very lucky!

I clean, dry burn, and replace my cotton flavor wicks every other tank at the LONGEST, especially with something like Boba's, coil will be quite dark after just one tank.

Darker/thicker/sweeter juices will most certainly gunk a coil up quick.

HDVaper

Ultra Super Senior Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
www.oktom.com
Watch this VIDEO. It seems to be the best one available.

I change my head every couple of days. Then dry burn the one I was using for the next change. It makes a difference. You'll see when you take apart the first one to clean it. Don't throw it away, no matter how bad it looks because it will look like new when you finish.:)

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I soak them in water for a couple of hours, until the wicking is white. I then pulse them on my battery until they glow evenly and don't smoke.

That's what you do. I short cut the soaking though by just putting the base, coil & vent tube in simmering water for a couple minutes.

As to your original question, one week before cleaning is on the long side of what people report here. As others have said a lot of the run time between cleanings has to do with the liquids. Very dark and very sweet flavors crud up a coil faster. I really don't think it has much to do with the PG/VG ratio. I use 100 VG and am on day nine right now with no cleaning - with a particular liquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread