Status
Not open for further replies.

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
I have a good question that I need the community to answer. (A bit of a story accompanies it)

Every now and again I find an opportunity to take a drag off of a cigarette, and out of those opportunities a few times I've taken the option. Each time I immediately realize how long it has been since I've been a regular smoker.

The taste no longer brings good memories or comfort. Now when I taste a cigarette I only taste a dry tobacco flavor and ash. The ash flavor lingers and gets me a little green in the gills. The flavor is distinct, impressive, and I remember it clearly.

I've done a lot of flavor testing and e-juice mixing. During that experience I've tested a lot of tobacco flavors, but never have I had a flavor that hit directly on the 'lit cigarette' taste, until recently.

I've come across a flavor that replicates the ash and dry tobacco flavor of a lit cigarette, so here is my question; would this be a good flavor for the transitional vaper? My wife raised a good point, this might be a great flavor for someone new to vaping that is a hardcore smoker. So I need some input from a lot of people, long time vapers, the occasional cigarette smoker, new vapers, and those that fall between. Do you think a flavor like this would help a new vaper transitioning from cigarettes?

Let me know below.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I've come across a flavor that replicates the ash and dry tobacco flavor of a lit cigarette, so here is my question; would this be a good flavor for the transitional vaper?

Does this flavor make you green around your gills like a puff off of a regular cigarette does?? I'm asking because our taste buds change so much after stopping that those cigs you occasionally take a puff of, probably taste far different to you now than they would to someone who is still smoking. Have you had some current smokers test this new juice to see how close it is to them to the real thing.

I can't say if it would be good or not since I did not want my vape to taste like a cig. I knew it wouldn't taste or be exactly like a cig........and I thought it would make me want a cig more if it were similar. So those are my thoughts. It's a very interesting question, and will be very interesting to see the responses! Wish we could post this out in the new members forum. If I can find someone who is new enough to ECF to be able to still make posts there, would it be ok for them to post a link there to this thread? that's where we'd be more likely to get folks who are still smoking, have just quit etc

Kosher Fried

Verified Member
Dec 5, 2012
DFW, TX
It really depends. First instinct is to say yes. That's what I thought I was looking for, and anyone I've talked to that's looking for their first vape is also looking for. It's quickly dissipated, though, because honestly it's nasty. Similar to you...I actually ganked a M-Light from my local shop while they were in the back getting me some coils...it was in the vase they have all of their new members dump a back in to get a discount (love that idea). Took the single thing home and got drunk that evening. It had been 3 years since my last smoke. Lit it, took 2 drags, instantly regretted it and threw it out...but the taste lingered for hours...and the smell...BLAHHHH..

Back to the issue at hand..yes. I think you should. But with a disclaimer that they should, like I and many others should have, gotten at least a few samples of other things to go with it to try. Thankfully you offer many different sizes so this could work out well, and give the transitional vaper the option to realize that analogs are friggin nasty, and the real joy of vaping is getting more unique tastes along the way.

Reactions: Debadoo

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
I think it would, Porph.

I tried all the fruit flavors five years ago when I started, but the tobacco flavors were always my favorites. I think some people are not interested in vaping because of the novelty flavors, but one like this would probably seal the deal for old school, hard core vapers.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I've come across a flavor that replicates the ash and dry tobacco flavor of a lit cigarette, so here is my question; would this be a good flavor for the transitional vaper? My wife raised a good point, this might be a great flavor for someone new to vaping that is a hardcore smoker. So I need some input from a lot of people, long time vapers, the occasional cigarette smoker, new vapers, and those that fall between. Do you think a flavor like this would help a new vaper transitioning from cigarettes?

Even after 3 years, I still miss cigs at times. Something like this would be something I'd definitely try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread