A small Quandry

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcleaver

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
Palatine, IL
I need to order some cartos, but I can't decide which to get. There are 3 options:

1. Vortex 2 -- Have it, and when it works it is awesome. I bought 1 box to see how they were, and 2 of the 5 work great. I had 2 that leaked no matter what I did, and 1 just popped and died on the second refill. Also, I hate having to use an adapter.

2. CE2X -- Bought 2 boxes of these, and they work. The amount of vaper is no where near the amount of vapor of the Vortex, or even the earlier clearomizers. There is barely any taste. But, Atomic Cinnacide doesn't crack the tube!

3. Sapphire -- The ones I got previously do work. Same problem as the CE2X as to taste, with the addition of almost no vapor. Also, It seems from reading here that there was a revision since i last bought some. And the reviews seem to be mixed.

It seems that 1 looks like the clear choice, but a 40% success rate is a rather major flaw in my opinion.

Any advice is appreciated.

scalewiz

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
Do you mod your clearomizers? I always remove the inner plug against the ceramic cup and just use the smaller flat washer as the seal, grooves against the ceramic cup. That, and pulling the wick up until level with the top of the ceramic cup seems to fix the clearomizer problems. I get plenty of vapor and flavor after that.

As to the other two, can't really say. Once I stumbled on the fluxomizers there was no need to go any farther.

Adrena

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Washington
Want tasty? Try option 4 the turbine2 I love these for my tasty bakery juices and thicker VG's..
The vape is killer. keep the 2 inner pieces (tip and tank) tight to each other and you never have a fail.
22 left hidden cause their that hott.
tb2 [gv-tb2] - $6.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4TB4-tj3nI0

GV's YouTube page if you want to check out all the products, helpful hints etc.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DJbizzum

Last edited:

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
1. Vortex 2 -- Have it, and when it works it is awesome. I bought 1 box to see how they were, and 2 of the 5 work great. I had 2 that leaked no matter what I did, and 1 just popped and died on the second refill. Also, I hate having to use an adapter.

I've had a similar issue. I got a box and opened 3, so far. Of the 3, 1 worked great. The other 2 leaked, not matter what I've tried. The one that works, is great. I love the ease of use.

2. CE2X -- Bought 2 boxes of these, and they work. The amount of vaper is no where near the amount of vapor of the Vortex, or even the earlier clearomizers. There is barely any taste. But, Atomic Cinnacide doesn't crack the tube!

With the Fluxomizers, I have had great success. I have pulled the mouthpiece and rubbers washers. I pulled up a little on the cup and put back the center washer upside-down. I get good flavor and vapor from them. Love them. They are just a pain to fill.

Also, I use the mouthpiece from the leaky Vortex 2's as the mouthpiece of the Fluxomizer. It really works great. I don't like the little one that comes with it.

One thing I also found is that they are best almost filled. They start to lose their flavor when the juice gets down to the halfway point.

I actually like the .9ML Fluxos over the regular size. They have the best flavor. They do need to be filled more often, and have a little less vapor than the 1.8ML. But, the flavor is spot on.

jcleaver

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
Palatine, IL
I am also using the Vortex mouthpieces on my Flux. I obviously removed the washer completely because the vortex mouthpiece serves the same function. I haven't fluffed the wicks, and to be honest I would just prefer to find something that works without any fiddling. The way I think, if you have to fiddle with something to get it to work decently; then it isn't designed or manufactured correctly.

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
I am also using the Vortex mouthpieces on my Flux. I obviously removed the washer completely because the vortex mouthpiece serves the same function. I haven't fluffed the wicks, and to be honest I would just prefer to find something that works without any fiddling. The way I think, if you have to fiddle with something to get it to work decently; then it isn't designed or manufactured correctly.

I understand what you are saying. I agree. But, that's the thing with vaping. You have to fiddle with everything. There are some really great concepts out there and companies gobble them up. Once we get them, we find ways to make them better. I really haven't found anything that I haven't had to mess with. Atomizers I've removed bridges and wicks; cartomizers I've removed filler and/or punctured; clearomizers I've removed the rings and messed with the insides... etc. It is just the nature of the game right now.

I did get the Vortex 2's because of the simplicity of them. If they all worked out of the box, they may have been perfect. So far, I've had more leak than work. It's frustrating because of their potential. Maybe the next version will be better.

I am going to stick with the Fluxomizers for now. I can pull them apart in a couple of minutes and it's not too hard to do. I put the center ring back in because it stops them from leaking. Filling them is still a pain, but they just vape really well for me.

Sterling

Dec 17, 2010
Pittsburgh
I like the new vortex's but i'm starting to get hooked on the sapphires, because the cases never crack, rather its because of the liquid or because they get a little bent in the pocket. I actually use them both, because the vapor is better in the vortex's, but only mostly when I'm at home and having it in my pocket, I would love and use the sapphires if they can resolve the air flow issues, and I did have one out of the 3 in the box that leaked. plus they should include the nipples with the carts, seriously 95 cents is just to much for a little piece of plastic that makes life so easy

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
I need to order some cartos, but I can't decide which to get. There are 3 options:

Any advice is appreciated.

yup, cinnamin won't crack the tubes now, but does it really matter as the cinnamin just gums up the coils very fast. I'm about done wit cinnamin, I can do menthol for a month without having to clean, the cinnamin is maybe a week. and these fluxomizers don't seem to dry burn all that great, not like a sapphire that you can clean over and over although I never get them to work well again after that because of the wick.

Ngspotts

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2010
Mission Viejo, CA
I'm a fan of both fluxo's and sapphires. The flavor and vapor is great on fluxo's but after a few dry burns right where the wicks meet the coil on the sides tends to break. On the sapphires yeah you can still get good vapor but the flavor is not all there. But the life on the sapphires has been great. I have 3 in rotation right now lil over a month and they're still performing decently. The wick inside the coil stays more intact I think due to not have the long strands putting any stress on the wick when it starts to get brittle after several dryburns. Plus the juice feeding wick is serviceable.

Last edited:

Ionredline

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2009
Lawrenceville,GA
I'm a fan of both fluxo's and sapphires. The flavor and vapor is great on fluxo's but after a few dry burns right where the wicks meet the coil on the sides tends to break. On the sapphires yeah you can still get good vapor but the flavor is not all there. But the life on the sapphires has been great. I have 3 in rotation right now lil over a month and they're still performing decently. The wick inside the coil stays more intact I think due to not have the long strands putting any stress on the wick when it starts to get brittle after several dryburns. Plus the juice feeding wick is serviceable.

I have the same issue when I clean fluxos. I always seem to kill them when I do the dry burn.

Sterling

Dec 17, 2010
Pittsburgh
every time i ordered sapphires i got several nipples. look real close again through the packaging you'll prolly find them (unless they stopped putting them in and i didnt know it lol)

Oh Sorry, I should mention that the time that I had tried them was when I had ordered the full kit from gotvapes and had 3 carts in it, thats when there were no nipples with them, which I found odd. How ever I had just received six boxes and yes it does come with a pair of nipples. Didnlt want to chance it so I ordered the extra, so now I have 10 pairs of nipples now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread