A solderless battery mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some Guy

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
Ct. USA
Im still a little confused on the button. Could you do an exploded/side by side pic of that. Each part next to each other in order from left to right, as they go together?

Sheep - The button is just a plunger to push the battery up to make contact at the other end of it. You could use anything to make it as long as it fit inside the spring. Even wood or plastic.
You could drop a bolt in the hole with the threaded end sticking out and eliminate the threading and tapping (and a bunch of work) and it would work fine. Again as long as the head of the bolt fit inside the spring.

Hope that helps. If not let me know and I'll take another pic or two.

JamBandPhan

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
OR
That is a really sweet mod, something I would be willing to try myself. The only thing I don't like is the size, it's too fat for me. Is there anywhere to get smaller 3.7v batteries, maybe AAA size?

I found smaller bottles in my search, but they might be a snug fit, I also prefer the slimmer size of the 10440 batt. or similar, and will keep an eye out for a container that may just work for this size. Most listings have dimensions listed, so you can decide if they will fit your batt/atty connections and button. So many cool mods in here to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread