The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

A true Battery mod.

Discussion in 'Battery Mods' started by exnihilo, Jul 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. exnihilo

exnihilo Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Don't all mods include a battery?? This sectioning confuses and infuriates me!

Anyone here try putting a Qi Inductive Wireless into a build? It can charge up to 1000mAh (but, apparently at ~72% efficiency, so 720mAh?) The internals aren't big, and really flat. Wouldn't it be nice to lay the device down on a pad for charging?

cg

2. exnihilo

Jan 9, 2013
    I've found three threads. Two of them are locked. Hmm.

cg

3. oplholik

oplholik ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

A PV with a replaceable battery is considered a mod. An ego spinner would be called a pv, not a mod. Hope that helps.

4. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    A Mod used to mean Something that someone Actually Built. And that Something included an Off the Shelf Battery like a 18650.

The Term Mod kinda got attached to Anything that had a Removable Battery.

Today, I'm not sure what a Mod is supposed to mean.

5. oplholik

Yeah, it's changed some in the three + years I've been around, but come to think of it, you're right zoiDman.

6. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Remember coming here and seeing people who had made a PV from a Altnoids Tin? Or a Garage Door Opener? Or even a Electric Pencil Sharpener?

Those were Cool Days.

7. JoanJ

JoanJ ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2014
    WV
    My son and I are rather new to vaping... about 7 months now. He is a builder and the good old days are still here. He designed a board and they came back from the printers yesterday and he is now putting all the bits on them. Batteries take up more space than the boards or display will. It is up to 12 amp output between 2.8 and 5.5 volts and he is planning on using the 18650 3300mah batts in it. He likes to sub ohm down to about 0.6. I don't do that stuff but am looking forward to seeing this completed. A while back he posted somewhere in the Mod section seeking advice and basically what he got was the suggestion that he just buy something instead of build.

Ham radio ops here so grew up doing Heathkit stuff. Even in that hobby so few builders any more but guess hubby and I passed it on to our kid :)

8. oplholik

Yeah, I remember all the flashlight mods, and wishing I wasn't such a dummy when it comes to electronics, cause I'd be modding everything I could get my hands on. There was a lot of pretty cool stuff alright.

9. exnihilo

Jan 9, 2013
    Well, I'm glad this turned into a mild convo-stroll down memory lane :) . And thank you for all of the points!

I've been a tinkerer since I could walk, but I'm a practitioner of all, master of none, lol. So, my skills have never really been honed in one direction. A e-cig circuit, in its basic form, is one of the simplest a person could design and execute. I love that about it. You can learn so much by applying what you know, or have done, and then adding one more thing to increase the complexity and scope of the devices functionality.

:cheers:

cg

10. asdaq

asdaq Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

The battery refers to the portion of the mod providing the power. Something along the lines of an ego battery. Most mods posted belong in this section technically. I personally prefer posting in the modding section which I figure I qualify to do if I've also built the atty portion. It is a rather strange division. And also I miss the diy spirit we used to have.

11. Visus

Visus Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    Ego's were introduced to me as a mod back in 2012. It was a webcam model who introduced it to me, she blew out a huge ball of vapor I had to have it.. I had only seen analoglike e cigs to that point and was amazed by how powerful ego's were. She also had a analoglike e cig and compared the two. IMO the stardust ce4 atomizer and the ego are still one of my favorite designs when it comes to streamline and vaping outside the house carried by lanyard. A 650/900mah ego batt and a ce4 = perfection..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.