A vaping hello to all of you

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatum

Verified Member
Jan 15, 2016
Belgium
Since this forum is insistent on introducing myself, well, let's go ahead.
I'm Robby, live in Belgium (that small country with Brussels where all the EU rules are voted on) and have been a smoker for 26 years. Tried quiting several times with pills, cold turkey and patches. Didn't work, I always started smoking again after a few weeks.

Last year a colleague of mine told me about vaping and, as a gadget freak, I was interested. Bought an Ego One VT, some juices and coils and gave it a try. Finished the pack of cigarettes that I had but haven't bought a new pack since. I was (and still am) amazed on how easy it was to quit.

2 weeks later in Berlin I asked my wife for a cigarette, took 2 puffs and threw it away. Man, that was nasty. I started at 12mg nic and after a month reduced it to 6mg and 3mg, depending on the time of day ;)

As I said before, I'm a gadget freak. So vaping has become a hobby for me. I've read a lot about vaping on a dutch forum, reddit and now here. Got myself an Evic mini, a fogger v4 (nightmare to make new coils for), a velocity style dripper (a clone, I know) and the Billow V2. Now waiting on the Griffin tank and the Mutation X4 dripper. Probably going to buy the RX200 soon.

Making coils, wicking and dripping are almost not a mystery anymore (but I still need to make my own twisted and clapton wire). Next frontier: making my own juices.

Looking forward to exchange experiences here. And if you read this far, congratulations. Post a nice, fun, interesting or even a mean comment below and, as soon as I manage to make a decent tasting juice, I'll pick someone from below who will receive this juice as well.
(how's that for an introduction :banana:)

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hello @fatum and welcome to the forum. I have the RX200 and love it. I am too low maintenance for dripping, pretty much stick to tanks and would recommend the Smok TFV4 to throw on top of the RX200. It is a juice guzzler but gives great flavor and clouds.

DIY is my hobby part of vape and there is a great deal of info available in the forum.

Enjoy the journey.

Reactions: fatum

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
@fatum Congratulations and welcome to ECF. I too own an RX200. I bought that and an Aromamizer RDTA and I'm very happy with the set up. The RX200 is a nice little sleek mod, and affordable. Just wish it came in more colours; I'm not a fan of the white and cyan/green, it reminds me of toiletry accessories :p

fatum

Verified Member
Jan 15, 2016
Belgium

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS

fatum

Verified Member
Jan 15, 2016
Belgium
Hi and welcome. Why did you find it hard to coil Foggers? I like them and think them easy to work with, although I don't use them much any more, now I have tanks with better air.

I don't find it that hard anymore, but compared to a velocity deck or a standard 4 pole deck, a fogger is quite difficult to install the 2 coils on. You have to wrap it around the screws, make sure you do it in the right direction (else they come loose when you tighten the screws) and hope that both have a good contact.

And that loose airflow ring is annoying (taped mine so that it stays open ;))

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I don't find it that hard anymore, but compared to a velocity deck or a standard 4 pole deck, a fogger is quite difficult to install the 2 coils on. You have to wrap it around the screws, make sure you do it in the right direction (else they come loose when you tighten the screws) and hope that both have a good contact.

And that loose airflow ring is annoying (taped mine so that it stays open ;))
I took mine off. And bored the base for better air :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread