A weeks at it now. Do u still get the mucus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeswrx02

Dec 22, 2008
hey guys dont know if its just me!

I use 36mg marlboro liquid from wicked.

I drop directly to atomiser usually 2 drops at a time, 5-8 times a day.

Ive been using ecig for a few weeks now and i havent smoked a real cig.
First 10 day plenty of mucus, usually white/clear.
After that i get less and less but nearly every morning i get a half grape size blob of greenish mucus coming after a cough. then it clears for the whole day until late evening.

Are we all having the same effect? does this mean its still quite toxic?

Or is my lungs clearing all that 12 yrs of 10 cigs per day?

Any info for you guys would be nice :)

I am addicted to smoking so i really cant stop at this moment in time but would love to quit completely... its more of a comfort really for me.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

halopunker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
New Philadelphia, OH
I quit smoking years ago after smoking for about 6 years and it took he 6 months to stop the phlegm attacks.

Yup, that's about what it was for me. Luckily it doesn't last forever but if you become alarmed for any reason go see a doctor. I know I did a few times through out the entire 'cleaning of the lungs process'. :p

Yeah, the doctor i spoke to told me its the same thing people who quit cigarettes get. Oh wait did quit cigarettes. LOL

Mines actually blackish redish. Tar build up. going from pack 1/2 to 2 packs a day of marlboro reds for 6 years could do that to you lol.

He told me it could take anywhere from a month to a year to go away. Your body is ex=spelling tar, and nasty chemicals from your lungs. Its natural. Don't worry the density gets lower and lower each day... Just dont swallow, you need to caugh it up... Otherwise you will be sick that day!!!!

DPM

Dec 19, 2008
Telford!
I saw my doc yesterday due to a possible DVT issue caused by cellulitis [sp] in my ankle.
first thing he asked was did I smoke, I said I use an ecig, he said fab, will clear your lungs eventually, but most importantly will stop the damage to the small veins in my legs, causing the cellulitis.

HE, and I dont even want to qualify this statement, as others will no doubt prove me wrong, was happy I stopped my heavy analouge habit and used ecigs, as the damage, if not reversed, would not get worse. If I started again, he told me to forget about the carcigenic[sp]etc, my legs would give out, I would probably lose them, and possibly my life.

He gave me honest and very straight forward advice.

HIS FINAL ADVISE WAS, and my wife was there to hear it: if she does not want to be a cigarette widow, I must never EVER start on real fags again. If the only way for me to quit them is to use an untested NRT, it is my choice.
Im 42.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread