The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

A123 ANR26650M1-B 2400mAh 3.3V 26650 Bench Test Results...an extraordinary battery, with issues

Discussion in 'Batteries and Chargers' started by Mooch, Oct 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. showman

showman Senior Member Verified Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Brooklyn
    Great; thank you!

2. AMDTrucking

AMDTrucking Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 7, 2013
    California
    I don't see any difference in shape of discharge curve. All I see, is that A123 LiFePo4 are working in their own voltage diapason and doing it very well.
    [​IMG]
    What the hell is Vappower IRM26650 4200mAh doing in that voltage bracket of 2.26V? :) The answer is clear: Straggling to put up with 30A of current. Product of China. These are two identical Vappower IRM26650 4200mAh, were purchased together, on the same time. Granted, they are re-wraps. But seems to me, that there are two completely differed cells, under the skin. Furthermore, Even though, DNA200 had support for LiFePO4 chemistry and could take full advantage of their lower voltage and high current, but there is no DNA200 mod available on 26650 type batteries. Some DNA75 mods were made for 26650 size cells, but DNA75 does not support LiFePo4 batteries and all their energy, below 2.5 volts is wasted.
    P.S. Dear Mooch, I've heard that you are playing with new 20700 and 21700 batteries, how are they? Yes, I spy on you, you are my mentor! :thumb:

3. Mooch

Mooch Electron Wrangler Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 13, 2015
    The second test report went up today, the first was a while ago. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blazorthon

Blazorthon New Member

May 10, 2017
    I know I'm chiming in a little late, but someone a little clever could make a regulated mod for these if they wanted. A charge pump could be used to increase the voltage of one battery used to switch the MOSFETs on/off so that the main power regulator will function with a lower input voltage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.