RDA A2 vs. A2-T

Status
Not open for further replies.

MediocreTrombonist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
Titusville, FL
The Bulli repairables are set to come back in stock at the end of January, and I'm going to do my best to buy one.

I'm stuck deciding which one to buy, the A2 or the A2-T. I've been looking through lots of info but I'd like it if someone could chime in with their opinions, or just say if they like or dislike one or the other.

Thanks!

REET_AZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2011
Arizona
I have the A2 and the A2tm upgrade. I find that I almost always use the A2tm. The Vape using the A2 is very nice, but the tank version is super easy to take with me for the day and be confident that I have enough to Vape. I Vape during commute, and not during the work day...but can easily take a spare prefilled tank. I usually cap the extra tank with the condom cover it came with to avoid leaks.

I am very pleased with my A2TM. If you can get both the base and an upgrade, do that. If you only want one unit...my choice for portability is the A2TM.

Added note: if you opt for the A2T or TM you can make your own a2 tube using an ego cone. We just sand down the top a bit so that an 801 drip tip fits it. Be sure to drill a hole in the ego cone about even with the coil of the base. If you do not drill a hole, the hit is very harsh.

Last edited:

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
I have both. Hands down the A-2TM. HERE IS WHY. Longer vape time, better flavor, shorter. Get a B type drip tip, pull the tank add drip tip and you are back in business. You can use ego batt tubes to build stuff easy for the base of either version also. I pretty much use the base of the standard A-2 as a backup atty to my A-2TM or as a drip machine with a SS coil (which is awesome also) for flavor testing etc.

There is a thread somewhere in the atomizer modding thread with lots of info.

MediocreTrombonist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
Titusville, FL
Well I should've expected this: some prefer A2, some prefer A2-T. The good news is that no one has said that they don't perform well.

I'm going to poke around for that thread in atomizer modding to find out more.

A more specific question, does one wick better over the other? Are there unique wicking problems that need to be addressed with these atomizers? Or do they work fine as is? I've read about the various mods to wicking systems in each (A2: using mesh, cutting holes in filler, etc. A2-T using mesh with no fiber, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread