A580 atty issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapoX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2011
Canada
Just curious if any APL-A580 users have had any issues with burnt taste? I just started using this new atty 2 days ago and I'm getting a nasty burnt taste already. Not much on the net about A580 cleaning so I put in a new atty.
I'm using a darker juice tobacco/rum blend, but It's not dark dark. I'd say it's a medium dark. My wife is using a clearer juice with no issues.

Any cleaning tips for the A580? Anyone with similar issues?

Last edited:

VapoX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2011
Canada
I'm going to assume that nobody else uses the A580 .... lol

The A580 is turning into a nightmare. Constantly getting juice in my mouth, dry hits, atty leaking on top of the white silicone. Tried 2 new atty's with the same results. Works great for a while with great warm vapour and th, but it just stops working when it feels like it and takes a piss in your mouth. As I'm writing this my wife just ran to the sink to rinse her mouth out ...... mouth full of juice.

Now I know why there isn't much info on the A580 .... lol

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
I've never heard of it either. What PV are you using? And what PG/VG ratio is the juice your using? Is the juIce a higher VG, thicker juice?

It sounds like you let it get too dry and singed the wick. That will give a nasty burnt taste. Sometimes you can clean an atty or carto and that burnt taste will go away, but it depends on how bad you singed it. If its bad, that burnt taste will never go away.

VapoX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2011
Canada
looks like the carto for an ego-w

I believe they are very similar and made by the same company.

The juice I'm using is mostly PG. This experience has pretty much ruined it for me. I might try it again a couple months from now, but right now I just want something that works. 510 dripping never fails ;)

VapoX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2011
Canada
Little update on this.

I decided to give the A580 another try. I rinsed out the atty with burnt taste and blew it out a few times. I then filled it up with the juice my wife is using which is a lighter colour "Banana" and to my surprise it works flawlessly. Burnt taste is gone ..... nothing left but warm flavourful vapor.

After messing with this thing for a couple of weeks I've come to the conclusion that the A580 does not like dark juices at all, much like the ego-t. If you use clear/light colour juices I highly recommend the A580.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread